Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

CFD Trade Screen

Enzed
Frequent Contributor
I have never traded CFD's so have never used this screen. You have 2 options for price : "Market" and "Limit - Underlying Price". I presume if you use the Limit option you have to put in the actual price of the underlying at that moment.But this will not correlate exactly with Bid price that is available at that time.The bid price is slightly higher presumably becos this includes the market makers percentage.. so which price do I use??
0 Kudos
13 REPLIES 13
Levitt
Regular Contributor
No, Market is for current bids/offers, Limit is max/minimum you want to buy/sell at. Bids/Offers follow underlying exactly..
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
an the CFD trades at the underlying spot price ..
0 Kudos
Enzed
Frequent Contributor
Thanks guys but I'm still having a senior moment here - what then is the difference between "Limit Price" for equities and "Limit price" for CFD's?
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
0 Kudos
Not applicable
and the time between when you have completed/filled in your order and placed your order, the points could have changed by 50 up or down! Simon where can I see up to the second ALSI CFD pricing?
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
we don't have ALSI CFD's ..
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Sorry, Index CFD's.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
on easy trader .. generaslly you will be trading the satrix but watching the index ..
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Okay, thanks for confusing the didleys out of me. I am right where I was before I asked the question.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Okay, thanks for confusing the didleys out of me. I am right where I was before I asked the question.
0 Kudos
Picky
Regular Contributor
snakepit , give me your email address
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
well you can't trade the index diectly (except for ALSI futures) .. so you trade an index viaa Satrix ETF .. if you want gearing you then trade a CFD on that satrix etf ..
0 Kudos