Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

CFD and Spreads

timba
Frequent Contributor
Does anybody on this forum trade CFD's or Financial spreads with Global trader 24, if so can you indicate to me whether gt24 offers a good service or not. Furthermore would you recomend trading warrants or spreads?
0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
Tango
Super Contributor
Hi - I've been using a demo account on IdealCFD.co.za and it's been pretty good. Great charts, and I hear they have updated versions coming soon. Also had great support from them - follow-up phonecalls etc. They use IGindex backend, and their spreads are the same. A bit wide for the top40 index (30 points), but it's about the same or better as you will get on a warrant or a wave spread when you work it out as a percentage and you add the warrant trading costs in. Much simpler and more flexible than warrants - the gearing doesn't change, don't have the same decay issues, go long or short by buying or selling - don't have to find an instrument. And access to global markets. I'm tending to favour CFDs over warrants at this point.
0 Kudos
B_man
Occasional Contributor
Hi All. I am trading live on idealcfds and am really happy at this stage. Far better than SSF's.
0 Kudos
timba
Frequent Contributor
thanx Tango and B man, but has any of you guys traded spreads. cause i was under the impression that spreads were prefered to CFD's? the thing is i am thinking of trading spreads but i see that the majority of people trade CFD 's instead and i just wanted to find out why that was.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Ja warrants seem like really complicated devices after you have traded other instruments - bit like using a Chartered accountant to go to the ATM for you..... It like buying a car when you just need to be rent a car for the day....all the time deacay,all the greek stuff which you care nothing about or cant figure out. When you have to call the warrant maker to make the market its just sends you over the edge...
0 Kudos