Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

CFD'd

THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
Of course - because they track true to the equity ie. no delta nonsense. They are transparent - you pay 7,5% on the outstanding balance as carried forward - none of that upfront interest rubbish ala INSTALMENTS. AND - perhaps by default - you are treating them with respect by carrying trending "quality" shares. You probably even saved half a point on your buy/sell costs. Trying to trade high-beta stocks with every penny in your portfolio (as beginners tend to do) will lead to disasters in these instruments.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
OTC risk is moot here (would you be happy to have a SB bank account) .. over night risk is a myth .. an if you carrying around a phone AND a tablet with screen glare, battery and connection issues etc. .. nah mon, sounds like a job ??
0 Kudos
Not applicable
It is all mathematics. I average 6 trades a month - with 2% of capital risked. On average, 1 of my 6 hits the 2 times risk mark - and the rest kinda cancel each other out. Sometimes I get lucky and 2 hit the 2R mark, but sometimes I crash out further on the stopouts. But if I stick to my plan, and trust 1 of the 6 to hit 2R every month, then I average 44% return per year. Over the last 3 years, I have done better than the plan. Currently, I am holding ASA (1.5*risk, BHP - around 1*R, KIO (breakeven), OML (0.5*R), SHF (-0.5*R), and MPC (-.6R , and I have just exited my position). My plan is to hold ASA and BHP and give the rest the benefit of the doubt.
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
Simon, i have a full time job and trade the ALSI futures everyday...never had battery issues with ipad or screen glare....no overnight CFD position, makes for a good nights sleep. but as i advised Preston, ALSI not for children....
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
and dont play with the family jewels...
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
Dear Dad, sorry to disappoint you but only "village idiot" plays with family jewels lol
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
eh eh, how is your mutant,,,is he enjoying the count? and remember, ALSI futures not for children...
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
hell, with your 20 year view on ACL, you should not even be here?
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
lol , DAD, if JD Holding can show a profit, then there is hope for ACL.
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
ja, just do what you been doing the last 18 months, just play with the little one, leave trading to the adults, and dont spoil her wedding with a load of junk?
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
Is this the SUM TOTAL of wisdom dad?
0 Kudos
prancing_horse
Super Contributor
With the amount of time you spend on this forum you certainly don't work for a boss, unless he's blind. And as for your Alsi trading, the less said, the better. Your full time job should be replacing the burner on a hot air balloon.
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
Yeah, go eat some grass.....by the way where is Charty with his 2000 points short...the market will always humble people like you...anyway, you are short SHP at 196.... You Charty guys are all bad traders
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
Bad traders, assumptions, assumptions and oh Dad ,more assumptions(eish).
0 Kudos
kokkie
Contributor
Tjoppie do you trade the TREND down as well? Or only on the long side?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
MArkets are inherently biased to the long side, so I only trade long, except gold and platinum miners - they are inherently biased to the short side :)
0 Kudos