Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

CFD's

Not applicable
When buying and selling CFD's on the same day for the same company do you get charged twice for brokerage? I was under the impression it was once but today was charged twice? Thanks a lot
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
razputin
Occasional Contributor
I often open positions on the same CFD more than once in a day, and only the first time is the R50 brokerage charged. Subsequent positions are charged R0. So I would query this with SFM. I have experienced other problems with CFDs. The way that dividends are handled is messy. I have had dividends credited to my account, and then a few days later, removed. Then re-credited a few days later (after complaints). Also the portfolio summary, often uses incorrect prices. So when a share closes on a day in the positive, I often see a loss recorded for the day. The next day, the share might close in the red, but then I see a profit recorded under the daily profit/loss column! Lastly, the portfolio summary does not pick up live prices, even though selected. I have Price Streamer activated, so I have set all the OST pages to show live prices. But when I do a comparison against the price ticker, I can see that the portfolio summary is not using the latest prices.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I am currently having the same problems ... I will phone the centre on monday and ask about the same things. I really hope that they get their act together... its not right having so many Glitches. Simon are we wrong about these issues?
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
it's not a glith .. each tarde is charged seperately and then it corrects over night when BDA runs ..
0 Kudos