Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

CFDs versus SSFs.

janne
Frequent Contributor
I would like to know from those of you who have more experience from trading both types of instruments: besides expiry date, gearing rate and extent of coverage, what are advantages of CFDs. Are there any cost benefits? Why traders select one before the other?
0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
jack12
Super Contributor
Costs are almost the same (cfd cheaper if buy and sell same day) cfds you can buy 1, ssf only contracts of 100.
0 Kudos
doomsdayza
Super Contributor
you get the dividends tax free on long CFD's. and you don't have to wait until after 8pm for your daily P&L with CFD's as opposed to SSF's which always irritated me.
0 Kudos
annie3
Frequent Contributor
if u had bought metorex in large quantities on cfds would have made a killing
0 Kudos
BAP
Regular Contributor
Annie are you in the money on MTX? Think this run can continue?
0 Kudos
janne
Frequent Contributor
Thanks guys for your advice re CFDs. Re MTX: imagine 142 percent up since beginning of April, what more to say? But it moves in unpredictable manner, this current blow off is the replica of one in June, compare the charts...I managed to catch the both moves and made 10 pc profits, but my exit was too late and too early - stupidly did not put in any trailing stops on way up! To use CFDs on this share would be too scary for good night sleep i think. BTW a big jump on *****e coal today (HWA) - 24 percent today!!! if coal is a fuel for future check it out and get into it guys (joking).
0 Kudos