Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

CFR at R100 again

sponono
Super Contributor
lets see how long it will take to hit R150
0 Kudos
20 REPLIES 20
klapka
Super Contributor
R120 before year end.
0 Kudos
AP
Regular Contributor
That will be great; just bought a few more CFR's this morning (was waiting for the dip a while now...)
0 Kudos
Pepi
Regular Contributor
Spo - have you seen OST's Technical analysis today?
0 Kudos
sponono
Super Contributor
Yep, they think a correction is coming, I dont see what the bearish catalyst could be: I will exit if I get stopped out otherwise wake me up at R150
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
eh eh..nice one....
0 Kudos
Not applicable
we can never foresee the bearish catalyst though, at this point it could be tapering this month, syria, US Debt - but it could very easily be some sidewinder (like in Tapering was in May).
A correction though doesnt really need a catalyst, a crisis needs a catalyst, a correction is simply profit taking.

Personally I think you got the right idea though, only stop loss or targets should kick you out
0 Kudos
partridge
Super Contributor
If it hits its HEPS it will exceed 120 and should be at 150 in 2015 .But two ifs don't make for certainty.
0 Kudos
partridge
Super Contributor
Burgers beat watches over 5 years - cf Spur's return..
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
I'm willing to be it won't reach 120 this year. Reason - Dividend & special dividend payout, and it's bloody expensive already. It's priced for a perfect world. Any misstep or correction now and it's going to be hit hard. Learn from what happened to the retailers this year.
0 Kudos
klapka
Super Contributor
What dividend and special dividend?......................... and the lesson comparing SA retail with a Rand hedge luxury goods holding company?
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
Where have you been ? They're paying a R10 divi this month, before all kinds of lovely taxes. That will knock R10 off the price. Retailers have been shooting the lights out the last few years. That stopped when earnings started coming in slightly less than expected.
0 Kudos
klapka
Super Contributor
You're right I had forgotten the special divi. So that may only mean R110 by year end.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
maybe Im misclaculating but isnt that a R1 div?
0.10c * R10exch = R1
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
warhippo
Super Contributor
Dividend is 10.00 CHF cents @ 9.7448 then exchange rate
0 Kudos
klapka
Super Contributor
Yes, now I remember why I didn't bother remembering so it's back to R120 by year end.
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
http://www.richemont.com/investor-relations/dividend-information.html R9.70 Divi - Swiss tax (35%) - local tax (15%), so it looks like a R5.40 divi in your pocket.
0 Kudos
warhippo
Super Contributor
Unfortunately only 10cents of the Swiss Franc. Less all the taxes
0 Kudos
klapka
Super Contributor
Richemont shares are not actually traded on our exchange. What we trade are depository receipts and they are valued at 10 to each Richemont share so the dividend to SA residents will be 10 Swiss cents.
0 Kudos