Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

CFR

sponono
Super Contributor
R60?
0 Kudos
21 REPLIES 21
Rams
Super Contributor
yes, good re-entry if not in already.
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
Household debt is growing. Rejection rate in unsecured debt is on the increase. Wait for the bubble to burst and then watch the impairment coming through. P/E ratio at 19% at current circumstance---->EISH
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
people buying CR product are not aplying for loans and 19 PE is cheap for CFR
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
Can we assume income earner >R15k?
0 Kudos
warhippo
Super Contributor
What you say Preston may be true (CFR, I think don't generate lots of rands income? from RSA) but to me maybe more true as far as the suppliers of the unsecured loans are concerned.
0 Kudos
BC02
Super Contributor
you guys talk like this price is heading in any other direction other than up.

Anyway on a more serious note from a trading point of view I see no reason for climbing in, but from an investment point of view Ive seen valuations for it at about R 65, personally I aint selling before it hits R 130, it might just not be tomorrow though :)
0 Kudos
sponono
Super Contributor
R130 lol: at that price you can look out for Roffey at your street corner with a sign "My money eaten by CFR and SHP, wifey gone, please help with 50 cents for bread" hahahahahah
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
i think this was a trade question. anyway, PE is the most useless tool to judge anything!
0 Kudos
klapka
Super Contributor
What have unsecured loans to do with CFR? Their businesses have nothing to do with people who need to borrow money. They spend it. This share is one of my bankers, still seriously undervalued. The present PE is nothing for this company. And yes R60 is not far away. IMO
0 Kudos
partridge
Super Contributor
Better question (if you are an investor) to ask is:" Is recent growth and this business model sustainable?" The answer to the first part of the question is that its more likely to surprise on the level of meeting analysts expectations than on the upside of those and the second question is answered by the level of diversification they seek out going forward. Their recent purchase of the watch case manufacturer is good integration - but the fact is that watch sales in general could lose their seemingly never - ending attraction to the parvenus of this World. So what else are they going to go into? - I like their on-ine fashion maison - but I think they have some mature and fossilizing brands - eg Dunhill...and Lancel. If you look at the sources of revenue in LVMH then you will see that if people stop buying bespoke luggage that they are going to be in serious in trouble too...Me? I THINK they are smart enough to diversify their income streams....ergo Hold
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
http://www.ncr.org.za/press_release/CCMR.pdf Quiz, what is driving consumer spending ? Quiz, what category of monthly income earning are affected?
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
If you really want to buy a stock , buy Ellies. I remember Topgun preaching abt this stock around R2.50. Well Done TopGun!
0 Kudos
sponono
Super Contributor
close, very close
0 Kudos
klapka
Super Contributor
closer and closer.
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
Ellies consolidating after a massive run. I'd wait for a next leg up. I like the share. They seem to be benefitting for the Eskom spectacle big time.
0 Kudos
topgun
Super Contributor
Nope, it wasn't me...Barry should take a bow for spotting this one...
0 Kudos
sponono
Super Contributor
7 cents, only 7 cents, what can you buy for 7 cents
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
Well done Barry.
0 Kudos
klapka
Super Contributor
Nothing Richemont sell.