Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

CFR

Russ
Super Contributor
looking quite good again. I think it will move up from here.
0 Kudos
13 REPLIES 13
Penny_Pincher
Super Contributor
Std Bank research report seems to suggest otherwise
0 Kudos
Russ
Super Contributor
It's lateral 9 month support line has held,its 20 month rising support line has held,it seems to have broken out of its short term (6 week) down trend and its rsi and sto are starting to rise off oversold levels.It seems low risk to me but I will watch those support lines closely.
0 Kudos
DaveW
Contributor
Looks to me like someone's computerised trading system that is busy looking for the most comfortable trading range to convert long to short positions, before a sizeable sell off. millions of shares moving, in chunks as big as 50 000 at a time, with almost no up or down movement. Don't want to be cynical or contrary, but I think the cautionary was well timed....
0 Kudos
DaveW
Contributor
Swiss PMI declined back to a 3 month low. Believe that may be relevant...
0 Kudos
sponono
Super Contributor
still expecting a rally? I'm starting to be doubtful based on the monthly RSI.
0 Kudos
Russ
Super Contributor
The support line from mid-July 2014 is still holding (only just)on all time frames. As long as it holds I will hold.
0 Kudos
Russ
Super Contributor
And when I say hold I mean short-term. The monthly chart therefore doesn't concern me.
0 Kudos
Penny_Pincher
Super Contributor
I might be wrong but according to my interpretation there is huge negative (bearish)divergence between the price trend (daily) and the stochastic oscillator. july '13 to date. Been trading in the channel for months now. Are the bears gathering momentum hence it cannot break the channel?
0 Kudos
Penny_Pincher
Super Contributor
Apologies the MACD not the stochastic
0 Kudos
Penny_Pincher
Super Contributor
See the same divergence on ROC, CCI, stochastic and RSI oscillators.Perhaps I am misinterpreting the results.
0 Kudos
Penny_Pincher
Super Contributor
Do I see a head and shoulders with lower right shoulder nearing its completion or is the head top too low to consider as a H&S pattern?
0 Kudos
sponono
Super Contributor
took a small short (R50K) at R100. Last time I took a short, it did not work out too well. Maybe this time around Mr Market would smile at me, lol.
0 Kudos
Cedric_1
Contributor
Was looking to do the same thing to protect my long position but dithered too long and didn't act. Are you still short?
0 Kudos