Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

CHARTING SOFTWARE

Not applicable
HI I AM KAY, I AM SRUGLING TO MAKE PROFITS ON JSE. SIMON, I HAVE PRICE STREAMER, BUT IS THERE A GOOD, RELYABLE SOURCE OF INFO OR SUBSCRIPTION THAT TELLS U WHAT & WHEN TO BUY & SELL?
0 Kudos
13 REPLIES 13
Not applicable
Do you know how to use the charting software?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Well, following the conservative advise on other threads, maybe Satrix? You then dont have to worry about the signals just what to do with the divs.....other than that only you can generate those signals with a system you develop that matches your risk management, reward/profit needs and emotional numbness.

Have you tried reading up on some great books like
Trade your way to Financial Freedom by Van K Tharp and
Trading in the Zone by Mark Douglas ?
These will help with most of your entry/exit problems.

What I have learned, is it matters what exit stratergy you use (you have pre-determined this before you enter/decided to buy shares/positions). Exit is critical, but entry and time of entry are equally if not slightly more important. Get the timing wrong on entry and your exit is stuffed before you even begin. and Simon is going to add risk management. How much are you willing to loose in that trade? Get these three points correct and you should win 60% plus of your trades (not not 60 in a row just 60 out of 100) and with the right risk/money management you can make profits.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
NO NOT REALY TOO GOOD AT IT.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
CPS, YES, MY MAIN PROBLEM IS GETTING IN & OUT AT THE RIGHT TIME. THAT IS WHY I AM LOOKING FOR A ALERT SERVICE FOR WHAT & WHEN TO BUY & SELL.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
That is the Holy grail every one wants. Problems is no two people are the same and no two people will want the same from every position. You might want 40% profit and I want 5% what system do we design to cater for both of our needs? And the market is far to random to predict this even with regular patterns that emerge to guide us we will never get the same reult every time.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Start following Simon's Lazy trade system where there are only 10-15 entries and exits in a year before you plunge into daytrading. With only a couple of entries/exists, timing become less critical. Also please stop the uppercase posts as it it hurting my eyes...
0 Kudos
HateGauteng
Super Contributor
Magic machine cannot match human . . . being human being. Just look at the raw data and let the patterns form in your head.
0 Kudos
HateGauteng
Super Contributor
. . . but I need better charts on the site coz I want to live in blissfull ignorance . . .
0 Kudos
Mar-11
Super Contributor
Where can you find charts that are like the standard bank charts, but on a shorter time period, the shortest i can find on std is Daily, but i want 10 min/15min candle sticks so that i can track the share price over say a week?? RSI & Stochastic Parameters are also required?
0 Kudos
Mar-11
Super Contributor
Sorry my question not for warrents but shares.
0 Kudos
WES
Super Contributor
If we all had the perfect software system mmm ?? It does not exists. Think about this, everytime you SELL, some other dude is BUYING from you and visa versa. The other dude's system is telling him the opposite than yours !! So if you are 60 % successful then you are doing pretty damn well .
0 Kudos
TOPIX
Regular Contributor
On the menu: go to Buy and sell ideas - Tech analysis reports and follow the recommendations on individual shares. The track record is not too shabby.
0 Kudos
Enzed
Frequent Contributor
Where do I find Simon's Lazy Trade system?
0 Kudos