Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

CHARTIST- METHINKS WE CHARTED BETTER!

Rams
Super Contributor
Now, comimg back to this video that predicts the direction of the ALSI. Had a look, and it was on this forum that we had made more accurate predictions based on ELLIOT WAVE and FIBBONACI some 3 weeks ago looking at different time frames and going back 10 yrs!I am sure if we look at any of his other predictions, we would have made more accurate ones here on this forum first!SO LIFT UP THE VEIL GUYS,AND STOP MOURNING BECAUSE MOST OF US ON THIS FORUM ONLY KNOW Roffey as the REAL CHARTIST ....
0 Kudos
47 REPLIES 47
Preston
Super Contributor
Ram, with respect. Roffey does not add value to share trading. He has a one sided track , namely technical analysis and he does not bring into his review the other aspect of share trading i.e P/E Ratio, dividend yield, general economic condition that is currently affecting the market, timing and impact of releasing key economic data . Now that is the total package. Roffey is an intelligent man but they is limitation to which i will use his input.
0 Kudos
Wizard
Super Contributor
Fully agree! I just went have a look the content of his last 3 videos. He is still punting DRD..amazing! This is more fun than the comics I used to read when I was young!! :)
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
lol, and which comics was that?
0 Kudos
prancing_horse
Super Contributor
Followers of Roffey are bankrupt both in pocket and mind.He is on Summit for entertainment value..so that we can at least have a laugh.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Well a serious case in point is this to prove Roffey the genius. Look and tell me if you would be getting DRD ant any time. Just how wrong are you supposed to be?

http://www.screencast.com/t/Iag44HGEG
0 Kudos
saash
Super Contributor
Rams - context - Chartist is a day trader. The rofey review is medium to long term.
0 Kudos
Fredsed
Super Contributor
Chartist is promoting himself via his million Rand challenge, which is nothing more than an infantile series of unfounded claims. Does anyone see this in some other way than obvious non sequitur (absurd)? Come out and explain please just how this is a challenge and how is anyone supposed to believe the claims being made. If Roffey is so moronic, just how moronic is this chartist twit?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I've been grazing over at his website a bit. Chartist has a technical trading system based on pivot points and certain other chart setups that give him a higher than average (well most other traders' averages anyway) success rate on trades. Because of this higher success rate he takes bigger positions than the recommended 2% per trade - he also has a knack for scaling into and out of positions very well - this all gives him a way faster growth on his trading account than most other traders.
0 Kudos
Fredsed
Super Contributor
Really now! So what do you call your new religion?
0 Kudos
asylum
Super Contributor
some people call it the 5% religion, and unless you know your trading bible pretty well you wont easily get into this religion , its only for the devout believers.
0 Kudos
prancing_horse
Super Contributor
There are times when one should keep his trap shut instead of confirming ones ignorance
0 Kudos
Fredsed
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
AJDK
Frequent Contributor
I dont know you, but who are you to call someone you know nothing about "moronic" or a twit? He does the "challenge" to prove to ignorant people like you that hes system is actually working, even if it is just working for him. If you actually take the time to watch the videos you will notice that he sometimes shows you the profits thats been made, and also shows the losses when they occur. I believe most of you are just jealous and are making him sound bad so you can feel better about your own pathetic portfolio or at least what is left of it
0 Kudos
AJDK
Frequent Contributor
There is a difference between making a worthless prediction every now and then, and making your prediction and putting thousands of your own Rands behind it, and even going further, constantly profiting from it. Predicting is easy, as the market will either go up or down, but are you willing to put your own money on the line using your "great" predictions? Maybe you should start your own Million Rand challenge and show us how quickly you get to your first million, or lose it...
0 Kudos
Fredsed
Super Contributor
I will call it Chartism, after the founding Father. He who maketh the million according to his own reckoning and must be believed on pain of tantrum, eh? u like? eh?
0 Kudos
Fredsed
Super Contributor
For this I will also need a religious aura for which a name must be concocted. In this case I will call it Moronism, and all of my firm believers will be known as Morons. U like? eh? Wanna join? Its free.
0 Kudos
striker
Super Contributor
- @Fredsed - what's with this vendetta against Chartist ? Or are you the resident Troll ?
0 Kudos
saash
Super Contributor
This thread is nuts - a plethora of 'newbies' trying to diz the tried tested and victorious full-time and profitable day trader? Guys, focus on your own portfolios. There are few of us who can say we are able to make enough, consistently, to trade for a living and ditch our careers. Most of you that are coining Chartboy as a con-artist have never sat in this chatroom while he was playing a real-time trade, watching him make R7k a day. His vids are posted here as a learning opportunity, not as a threat or challenge to your own portfolios - if you learn something one day remember to say thanks. I for sure learned a lot, my long-term and short-term portfolios both look better. In fact I owe him a few beers ;) That said, Simon also has a great system for those who prefer to trade with less maintenance and stress. Choose whatever works for your cash.
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
you must have just rejoined this forum....we have had numerous threads on this old school BullSh@t -Simon has left,the entire look of OST has changed, the recession never happened , the chokers have choked and lots of new investors and traders have joined...lets move on
0 Kudos