Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

CHILDISH

Big_Bucks
Super Contributor
About two years ago I was a regular on this forum and there was lively commentry about the SHARES...I must say that the value of this forum today is zero. Reading some of these threads is bordering on the pathetic, like a bunch of teenage brats. My intentions are not to offend the seriuos users... Anybody else share the same sentiment?
0 Kudos
11 REPLIES 11
Not applicable
Hear, hear
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Totally agree, also been around a while, I have never seen such puerile drivel
0 Kudos
Fredsed
Super Contributor
Market bullish, like I posted earlier - till next Wednesday at least. You want to proffer different, ask about it? No charge to contribute - otherwise go voyeur and/or gripe elsewhere.
0 Kudos
partridge
Super Contributor
May I respectfully suggest that the use the the word "childish" is unhelpful - but that said I would appreciate being able to discuss the actual merits/demerits of shares....at least from time to time? So, for example - as one would have expected- the holders of Curro are going to be waiting even longer than expected for a return on their money - and who knows more capital requested... and one wonders if the now informed (as opposed to the previously hopeful) will punish the share price( not that I have been following it)and create a more realistic buying opportunity....?
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
COH has completely changed startegy, from build to buy .. not sure yet how significant this is, but it does mean a rights issue soon enough me thinks ..
0 Kudos
ndabs
Frequent Contributor
To be honest, that change in strategy over such a short period is what scares me(i hold them). Overall the "idea" of the company seems to be a good one & all, but I'm starting to wonder if it's a good share???
0 Kudos
superstar
Regular Contributor
The idea that Curro is the next Capitec died cruelly after it was insinuated. I am not sure if the country is big and wealthy enough to support this share and as much as education in the country is below accepted level
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
private education big in SA, plenty enough money for it .. but yes it never was another CPI .. that was mis-informed hype ..
0 Kudos
partridge
Super Contributor
As a trustee of a private school I can tell you two things with absolute certainty:1. Parents are prepared to make huge sacrifices to put their children through such schools.There is more demand than supply- certainly for the better schools 2. Schools are "continuums" - established as "mutual societies" - each generation adds to the previous one's contributions - they are fiercely independent ( at least that is the English model) so a profit mentality does sit with difficulty in this environment. Shareholders have to be not seen and not heard....BUT the demand is unquestionably there and will just keep on growing with the new middle class.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
COH getting nailed again ..
0 Kudos