Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

CML - Why is it dropping?

RisseN
Contributor
Coronation has been such a great performer but this year it has done nothing but trend downwards. Why? Over the long term is this still a good share to be in? I thought this would be a small correction but it just keeps falling like a rock. Why? (I still believe it's a great punt, but it's getting hard to be positive about it after the last 6 weeks)
0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
RisseN
Contributor
Anyone? (im still thinking it's a great long term punt but am wondering whats been going on since Jan.)
0 Kudos
Wino
Super Contributor
It may be correcting, but hardly dropping like a rock. Take a look at the last 12 mths. Heck, this share has gone from about R8 to R16.50, more than 100%. Nice juicy divvie just been paid, fundamentals look good. Take a view on whether they will improve performance this year and if you think it is a strong punt, accumulate some more in this correction.
0 Kudos
striker
Super Contributor
- It's a great stock -one of my larger holdings. Div. yield good and steady. Sure it's come off some, but it'll bounce back - up 1.8% today - hang in there.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
If I can give a tip, never invest the "winners", its usually too late. No-one ever seems to be a best performer 2 years in a row. Im guessing the price is going to come down some more but in the long run its still a good purchase. (*Note: I dont own any shares in them though)
0 Kudos
Jim_Bean
Regular Contributor
This is a great company, exceptional management team with some of the brightest business minds... They have a better revenue to cost ratio (compared to their peers) and have some of the smartest researchers.... So the share price has come off a bit, don't worry if you have a long term view on this company (buy the company not the share)
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Don't worry about daily movements. The stock is well priced with CAPE of 11X and an 8% DY. Asset growth is excellent (20% in 2011). Management is fantastic. The beauty about asset management is the power of operating leverage. New assets go down to the bottom line...more dividends for us.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Don't worry about daily movements. The stock is well priced with CAPE of 11X and an 8% DY. Asset growth is excellent (20% in 2011). Management is fantastic. The beauty about asset management is the power of operating leverage. New assets go down to the bottom line...more dividends for us.
0 Kudos