Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

CML

Funnymoney
Frequent Contributor
So what are the investors and traders thoughts on this share.. Who is holding and who is selling. I've owned this share for just over 3 yrs and had great returns. They paying a nice dividend of 253c, but the talks of the share price crashing are making me wonder. I may eventually sell off.
0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
barry_1
Super Contributor
I feel they have with stood the test of time well.They are a conservative bunch comes when it comes to updating their outlook.They have more or less warned that the next six months might not be as rosy in each of the last five previous periods in the next period....See Company Profile then click on results,I am holding long term....also see my futher comments on sashares2010.blogspot.com on my SPECIAIST WATCHLIST.
0 Kudos
Jacques_1
Frequent Contributor
Hold long term. Quality stock in my opinion.
0 Kudos
Funnymoney
Frequent Contributor
Thanks... Perhaps if they fall, I'll grab a few more! :)
0 Kudos
Plonky
Super Contributor
I have also been holding for a while now, and I have also noticed that the markets are nervous about any moves the share makes, particularly downwards. I noticed last year that the price dropped significantly (more than dic amount) after the dividend was paid. This seems to cause panic selling and the price dropped more than it should have. It soon returned to the original price and continued upwards. So my suggestion is to watch what happens this time around after last day to registed for DIV. There may be some buying opportunuty.... just leave some for me as well (smile)
0 Kudos
partridge
Super Contributor
cyclical
0 Kudos
partridge
Super Contributor
cyclical
0 Kudos
Brommie
Frequent Contributor
Decided a while ago that the increase in share price might be exceeding the growth in dividend payments. With the share price at a level not worthwhile purchasing (6-12 month view) sold and took profit.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
@partridge - since inception in 2003, and other than the obvious hiccup in 2008, exactly when has CML demonstrated cyclical behaviour?
0 Kudos