Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

COMPARISION TO LAST NOVEMBER

Not applicable
Wow, their is almost a 3x deficit in this share as compared to 25th Nov last year. Any one thinks this will be a good buy now??
0 Kudos
10 REPLIES 10
Not applicable
They are an airline company. Those barely ever stay in profits, so i steer clear of them
0 Kudos
klapka
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
1 TIME i heard its never a good time to shares in airlines
0 Kudos
InvestOne
Contributor
Don't buy it...even if they do improve, it will take a long time. Just look at the daily volumes: there was something like 2 trades today.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
0 Kudos
Not applicable
If you really want to than short term
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Cool, thanks to all for the replies, i think i'll pass on this share.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Comair is a better share if you want exposure to an airline but it has pulled back quite a bit as well. You can use it as a barometer though for a possible entry into 1 Time. Wouldn't touch 1 Time until they start making profits again. Comair has a good track record but as I've mentioned they have pulled back. Market conditions do not favour airlines currently so I would wait if I was you and monitor them as well as market conditions. I like your approach though. I follow a similar one i.e. target shares that have deteriorated drastically relative to past performance and then look for signs and signals of a possible turnaround. I then wait for confirmation i.e. turnaround in financial performance and then use some technical indicators to assist with an entry. Managed to hit a few good picks so far by doing this. I also look into low PE stocks and ones with decent dividend yields.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Hwzit man, thanks for the reply. Any good tips on prospective buys?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Haven't got any new ones yet. My current ones that have done alright for me are: Amecor, Beige, Beige Prefs and Wescoal (bumpy ride). I have some CBH as well (pay decent dividends - quarterly) and Pallinghurst. I had Ansys and InterWaste which I sold when they climbed a bit but they seem to have advanced even more since. Watch Blue Financial Services - seems to be renewed interest in it recently. Pulling back slightly at the moment so watch it. Not sure what indicators you're use for entry points. If I stumble across anything new, I will update my post. Check the forum out as well. Often fellow users post interesting things about shares they have or are interested in.
0 Kudos