Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

CPI - Correcting

kwagga
Super Contributor
Capitec down 0.007%. I told you okes it's gonna correct, but nahh, nobody would listen ;-)
0 Kudos
13 REPLIES 13
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
it is price manipulation .. I have lodged a complaint with the JSE .. they are investigating ..
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
an they backing off .. now flat for the day ..
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
wow, CPI really having a hectic correction, just if all corrections could be that large!
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
Let me save you trouble Simon. That was me. I thought I'd saw a gap at took it. I'm up 1c righ now or 0.007% - looking good!!!
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
Well done Kwagga!
0 Kudos
Wizard
Super Contributor
That starts to look like a FED backed security!! You guys always talk about CPI , but have a look SHP..similar stuff. 15 years ago if u put 10k.and u would have had 1m in the pocket now. Recession proof share!
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
are you sure, it may just be that the data in your watch list is backwards and that without arrows you may not be able to tell.
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
Question is what penny's today are going to be ten baggers in 10 years time ?
0 Kudos
Wizard
Super Contributor
If u have 100k and you invest in those penny's. R10 k on each investment(10 investments).you need only 1 to come right with a story like CPI or SHP and u make a fortune. And with the world coming out of the long term correction in the market..the chances are even greater now than ever that you'll get it right.
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
I probably won't be able to set up a list of ten penny's with business models that blows my mind.
0 Kudos
Wizard
Super Contributor
Speak to Uncle Rof..he'll tell u 20 probably..with DRD at the top of the list! :)
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
Wizard - true SHP is brilliant as well - I don't have any though. What do you think of EOH and APN as well I believe they're also quite good. I will be holding onto CPI for a very long time!
0 Kudos
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
It is worth discussing though. Instead of the endless trading rhetoric. Far more interesting from an investment point of view; AND much better for the nerves. Small caps (,maybe Midcaps,) with limited shares in issue (or free float) and scaleable, expandable business models... - MAYBE:- CARGO, REX TRUEFORM,ROLFES, MASONITE, WESCOAL,PIONEER FOODS, KAP, EXCELLERATE...?
0 Kudos