Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

CPI

Ben_ladin
Contributor
can you clever people tell me , what is CPI going to do ? and where is it going to ? i will love to know what is the endingt price of this share going to be ? Let's share some plans .
0 Kudos
22 REPLIES 22
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
R 400
0 Kudos
Not applicable
0 Kudos
Nessy
Contributor
Does anybody really know? How?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
currently using the dartboard approach. Had to change my car tire this morning, so the traditional thumbsuck methodology is leaving a bad taste in my mouth
0 Kudos
striker
Super Contributor
..This one and CML, are going up in a straight line - can these coy's be that good, that their earnings will catch up? A correction might be a good thing.
0 Kudos
GarethJ
Regular Contributor
Capitec has had a good run with little competition in their space, but that is likely to change. Teba Bank, for example, is going to start moving from mining into the broader market - and they have some heavy political muscle behind them. Other retail banks are starting to replicate the Capitec model too. Can growth, therefore, continue at historical rates??
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
of course growth has to slow one day .. but the competition is so far behind, CPI is mostly about sysems and that's what prevents the big 4 from competing ..
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
...and they are getting a new client on Friday. I've been ripped off far too long by our "green" bank, they have also now tried to lure me to their private banking arm which surprise, surprise charges more for stuff I'm never going to use anyway. In the same breath, I will never buy a share with a chart like Capitec. It's slowly running out of breath, and will correct. That will be a buying opportunity of note. My dream said it will correct to R118.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Sounds to me like Std Bank has a sound system. Charge for a platform that doesn't function
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
I bought CPI a few years ago, never looked back and have multiplied my investment in them. very happy! I would also not buy right now, I do believe the company has a huge future and will most likely gain in earnings and clients over the years, but my investing is buying where i see a discount to the intrinsic value and CPI is very high, i would aquire as much as possible on a sizable correction (if it isnt caused by some fundamental shift in the firm)!
0 Kudos
Russ
Super Contributor
CPI correcting!Hehe!
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
I actually dont want it to correct. so far so good. haha...
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
I think I saw that same comment about Didata or any other ten bagger share for that matter. Earnings dissappointment = huge correction on this one, and the earnings expectation is build right into that rising 27+ PE.
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
I know what I would do in certain situations. earnings is one, so far all going good with the firm.
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
I know what I would do in certain situations. earnings is one, so far all going good with the firm.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
couple of thorts .. results are out .. and comparing DDT to CPI is wild, DDT has no earnings, ran a PE of over 100x .. and I remember when it hit R70, everybody said they'd buy on a pull back to R50 .. then it hit R100, they said they'd buy on a pull back to R70 .. an so on .. yes it will pull back one day, but when and to what ??
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
earnings up over 50% ..
0 Kudos
striker
Super Contributor
...and so is prov. for bad debts.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
Bad debts have ballooned at Capitec Bank. @zamarcashton covering the story for Fin24.com http://bit.ly/9MXEDf
0 Kudos