Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

CPI

Russ
Super Contributor
For those interested in the CPI share price,rather than just the fact that it's the best bank around, I have noticed something in its chart.The chart pattern that has formed over the last 4-5 weeks is almost identical,even down to the rsi and the sto,as a pattern that formed over a 5 week period from 1 April to about 10 June this year.The next move after that was sharply up.So if history repeats itself......just a thought.
0 Kudos
10 REPLIES 10
Russ
Super Contributor
Sorry it's come up under MTN!
0 Kudos
AJT
Super Contributor
I see mr Roffey last night on summit said he would not touch this share.....
0 Kudos
earlyret
Regular Contributor
Thats got to be a signal to buy!!
0 Kudos
AJT
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
Franksays
Frequent Contributor
Just do the opposite of what Roffey says and you'll be ok
0 Kudos
Franksays
Frequent Contributor
Just do the opposite of what Roffey says and you'll be ok
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
I also see the trend that CPI moves up, then consolidates (not drops in value) and then the next move upwards, this happened many times over, and as long as the business grows i think the market will drive the price up, they're growing very well i think.
0 Kudos
Russ
Super Contributor
Has also broken up from a descending triangle it was in for about 7 weeks so the uptrend appears to be continuing.
0 Kudos
3JN2
Frequent Contributor
Looked at chart pattern and agree move up - but seems a bit late to buy now. What I like about Dr Roffey is that he shows you a chart and comments on it. I check on-line charts and see if I can draw same lines etc. Other commentators just sprout nonsense with little or nothing that you can check out for yourself.
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
Something more interesting is that CPI only took off on 24 March 2009 from R29.00. From 2005 to 2009, the share only moved by R4.00. Even more interesting is that interim 2010 results show a negative cashflow and dividend cover of less than 2.MOVED TOO FAR TOO MUCH.Who-ever moved it that much will move it again that much and thank MR. Market for a nice big profit!
0 Kudos