Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

CPIX numbers and Financials

platsak
Super Contributor
Anyone else think the higher than numbers expected will give financial stocks a knock?
0 Kudos
14 REPLIES 14
Big_Bucks
Super Contributor
Yeah! Run for the hills and buy back a day or two later, The usual over-reaction will proberly occur. OMO
0 Kudos
CrownA
Super Contributor
Great - "putting my shorts on" the banks - that are a pun, an I am copyrighting it!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Nah... they've had such a bad run recently, they can hardly go down much more...
0 Kudos
schizo
Frequent Contributor
a good sign that it will go down further
0 Kudos
CrownA
Super Contributor
Exactly! When you are absolutely sure, the market does the opposite!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Exactly! You're sure that they will go down, which indicates to me that they might go up.
0 Kudos
Jobarshares
Contributor
The story of my life... I seem to have the talent to go long at the exact highest price, and short at the exact lowest. The share won't even move by one percent in the direction that I think it will.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
im glad to hear im not alone
0 Kudos
CrownA
Super Contributor
And true to form it has just happened!
0 Kudos
Jobarshares
Contributor
It is simply because I went short on FSR. Will let you know when I get out, then it will start dropping...
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
The way to fix that is easy... you are usually buying it a rally and the over wellming emotion is "I am Missing out" so you buy only to see it fall... the answer is simple reverse the dirrection of your trade. So if you feel the emotion "I am Missing out" and you feel comfortable to go long at the very last second sell short. This only works when you feel the above.... you cant sit and wait to go short like you going to outsmart the market because then your usual pattern will prevail. Hope this helps.
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
To further the point...YOUR TIMING IS EXCERLENT YOUR DIRRECTION SUCKS
0 Kudos
Not applicable
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
If what you saying is true about the 1% then set your stop1.2% above the reverse trade. small risk to back your amazing timing talent.
0 Kudos