Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

CZA

Jellyram
Contributor
Why is the share price dropping like it is at this point in time?
0 Kudos
17 REPLIES 17
Not applicable
More importantly, adhere to your stop loss and then spend all the time you want to figuring out the reason for the drop. Resource shares in general are under pressure given the uncertainty in the markets surrounding the Euro Zone debt crisis. If you don't make use of a stop loss, you could end up watching the share drop even further. It's difficult but set yourself one if you haven't done so already.
0 Kudos
sponono
Super Contributor
I think the reason is that Clive Roffey recommended a buy on this stock at R10 and Merafe at R1.50. See how you lose your shirt listening to tv actors and marketers.
0 Kudos
Jellyram
Contributor
Green Beast: Many thanks for you advice and info. Will activate stop/loss. Sponono: Many thanks also for you valuable comment. Never a good idea to listen to a chartist. They work in hind sight which all of us can do. They do not trade themselves but make money by selling the stuff to us poor succers.
0 Kudos
WES
Super Contributor
I know they had a problem with their water rights, but they mine coking coal, which can be very profitable, so I think you must just be patient.
0 Kudos
Jellyram
Contributor
WES Thanks. Have bailed out and will buy them back at lower price. Looking at long term H & S a drop to R2.50 is a probability.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
R2.50, wow
0 Kudos
Ninja
Super Contributor
omg.....tell me this is a joke.....this is serious dudes....how you \gonna pay the *****in mortgage with this inane line of thinking.......f*ck
0 Kudos
Surf_Rat
Super Contributor
Looks like your mail is a buy signal for me Whenoaks bail then time to start bring the cash out again
0 Kudos
Jellyram
Contributor
Surf Rat: Never try catching a falling knife you can get hurt!!!
0 Kudos
Flasher
Not applicable
I'm a n00b, and I SO "caught a falling knife" on this one. Never quite understood/appreciated the term till I got hurt. "Cheap doesn't equal value", "never too late to sell"... these aphorisms have the ring of truth, but nothing like learning from experience.
0 Kudos
sponono
Super Contributor
learned that lesson in 2008: bought IMP at R270 and and luckily sold out out when my 2% stop loss triggered, so the thing fall to R90 (74%). If I did not respect my stop loss I would still be 38% out of pocket today, never mind the opportunities I would have lost and my working capital tied in a losing INVESTMENT. Lesson learned: NEVER BUY A STOCK IF THE 200 SMA IS FALLING no matter how appealing the trade is.
0 Kudos
Jellyram
Contributor
sponono: Very wise words!!!
0 Kudos
Surf_Rat
Super Contributor
All depends on the risk level R7 toR8 is always a good entry level and if you buy the shares on the swing there is limited risk in august it went to R9,7 with an entry at R8 when it runs I hope you can catch the buy it normally jumps the river
0 Kudos
sponono
Super Contributor
well its now at R5, 28% below your entry point. unless you have a stop loss of 30% ure trade is under water. the trend (200 day SMA) is more important than what the share price is.
0 Kudos
Jellyram
Contributor
Mark my words. My target price for CZA is 94 cents. It has a head and shoulders formation which indicates that 94 cents is a probability. Time will tell but if 200 day MA is pointing down rather sit on your hands. It is safer!!!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
there is more than one way to invest boet. falling moving averages mean nothing to investors who have done their homework. Not that I am saying coal is a buy - not by a long shot. Just accept the fact that there is more than 1 strategy out there.
0 Kudos
Surf_Rat
Super Contributor
Hey looks like the taps opened and the water came on in limpopo and we had to jump now its about the exit price
0 Kudos