Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Call in the plunge protection

john_1
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
19 REPLIES 19
asylum
Super Contributor
maybe someone has made enough money on this one to retire. Whats your call on this share will it hold up.
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Sorry Asylum, What share are you talking about.
0 Kudos
el_torro
Regular Contributor
Weak wristed *holes running for cover - that's what!
0 Kudos
cfm
Super Contributor
The market fell so fast, I tried twice to buy a put warrant and each time I missed. By the time my order reached the market, the market already moved past that point.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
John does this help - NEW YORK, March 1 (Reuters) - U.S. stock index futures extended declines on Thursday as the yen strengthened, raising worries that it may force an unwinding of the carry trade, popular among hedge funds. S&P 500 futures were down 8 points, below fair value, a mathematical formula that evaluates pricing by taking into account interest rates, dividends and time to expiration on the contract. Dow Jones industrial average futures fell 70 points, and Nasdaq 100 futures declined 7 points.
0 Kudos
asylum
Super Contributor
Sorry John i was talking about WESIZWE.
0 Kudos
P_K
Contributor
John? you still long AGL... am hurting here... go for luch up and smiling... come back... ouch!!! my stops at 331...
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
RM... The US futures have been negative all day ( at least every time I have checked) See my post early in the day I dont think that this market has liquidated far enough, and if the YEN does break its support we will see an unwinding of the marginal players. Asylum: I think that this looks like a really good prospect and at this stage that is all it is a prospect.I have been waiting for a pull back to take a stake in this company. I believe it will have a pull back all things do!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Ye I see that the futures have been down most of the day, but commods up (Plat up $14 gold up $1,80)and I can see no other reason for this very sudden drop, I think every one is sitting a little too close to the sell button and are very skittish.
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Hi there PK... I sold some on monday eve and the rest at 9;30am on tuesI was able to lock in most of my gains I saw the China thing and sold lock stock and barrel, well actually I just sold my warrents and installments. I still believe this is going to fly but why give back to Miss Market. I have Fair value in my head, based on there Basic earnings a share at 336 so I will start to acumulate at these levels if it looks safe to do so.
0 Kudos
liquid
Contributor
futures still tumbling down guys...
0 Kudos
P_K
Contributor
nice... good call... will see where my stops place me for tomorr...
0 Kudos
Wizard
Super Contributor
It's called a Bear Market Johny. It's finally here. You can't have a weak economy and rising stock prices. The computers were right the other day. It's only a cover up for a day...
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
wizard, calling a bear market after three red days! Theory says we need some green that fails to make new highs, then at least we have a dow theory sell, then maybe a bear. Give it some time to mature before you hock the kids to short everythang that moves.
0 Kudos
Russ
Super Contributor
He's an endangered species,Simon-the last bear left on the forum.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
an err wizard, what's this weak economy you're talking about? MUR doubles their earnings. DOUBLES, and MUR is not some small fry stock. Growth at decade highs! Weak? Looks strong to me.
0 Kudos
Wizard
Super Contributor
What is Gold pricing?...Financial crap and inflation. Inflation is inversely proportional to growth. Dow was always been into some kind 5th wave movement up.Against it's own will. Another 70's story.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
you can't call the market weak purely on the gold price rise? Hell inflation adjusted gold is probably some 90% off the highs of two decades ago = gold is far from strong in the big picture.
0 Kudos
Wizard
Super Contributor
That's the good part.Rising since 2001 and not yet recognized as a good investment alternative. It's yet to become strong. Not to mention the inverted yield curve and housing market slump that hasn't missed a recession.
0 Kudos