Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Call it

saash
Super Contributor
What you think? We gonna close gap and make some new highs, or is there a slow in momentum that is signalling for a pull-back? Any fundamental reporting pending that the market is perhaps waiting for?
0 Kudos
11 REPLIES 11
jack12
Super Contributor
Tomorrow IS FRIDAY! Thinking of closing up for a long weekend. After all it is Orthodox Christmas.
0 Kudos
solman
New Contributor
If you guys keen for some high gearing i reckon the markets going to drop 2-3% within the next week.. take some puts on the Top40..stock code 'TOPSKR'
0 Kudos
Wizard
Super Contributor
Have u bought fireworks for the Chinese New Year that is in a month time?? :)
0 Kudos
janne
Frequent Contributor
Friday unemployment numbers come out for the US/Canada: 7:00 AM ET - Canadian Unemployment Rate, Forecast 8.5%, Previous 8.5% 8:30 AM ET - USD Nonfarm Payrolls, Forecast +/-0% change, Previous -11K 8:30 AM ET - USD Unemployment Rate, Forecast 10.1%, Previous 10%. If the numbers are positive, i.e. better than expected, we may see lift in the general stocks across the board, as well as continuation of the US dollar rally after the announcements. Higher dollar could then mean drop in prices of resource equities, but sometime the link does not work as expected. In any case it is going to be a volatile day, we have already seen signs of it today; better to take precaution on resources side, before the s...hits the fan!
0 Kudos
saash
Super Contributor
I can never quite convert the times - what does that mean on our clock? 7am ET - is that like 2pm our time?
0 Kudos
janne
Frequent Contributor
Correct, there is now 7 hrs difference. Premarket trading numbers are positive, it looks good so far. BTW what are the forums views on relation between USD and ANG-GFI-HAR shares. The dollar increased in value overnight and so did these stock prices locally, even if there was a drop in their prices on the NY exchange. Makes is little confusing to decipher...
0 Kudos
saash
Super Contributor
All other factors remaining stagnant, when the dollar is up the rand value is thus down. So the rand price of the equity is cheaper against its dollar value, so that makes it a better buy and the share goes up.
0 Kudos
Wizard
Super Contributor
...and hopefully u have a call warrant with a gearing of 10 on that day!
0 Kudos
saash
Super Contributor
So has anyone seen a verdict on the Job data. I see Europe's job losses are on the increase, yet markets rise.
0 Kudos
HateGauteng
Super Contributor
Out 3:30 our time (8:30 ET). My shorts are hurting. That gap on stx a few days ago didn't close.
0 Kudos
saash
Super Contributor
I don't really think it was a gap, all the holidays, made for a bad trade. When you trade these things, look for entry signals and exit if you are on the wrong side.
0 Kudos