Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Call on TOPI

Big_Bucks
Super Contributor
Anybody with me that a quick call warrant on the TOPI should yeild a handsome return intraday...? I'm all in for the morning. OMO
0 Kudos
12 REPLIES 12
Not applicable
u have to be quick very quick!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
you can't day trade with warrants. You have 100pts against you on the spread alone, 120 if you are using knockouts. ATR for the topi is around 400pts, you have to catch half of that just to beat your risk. Rather use ALSI futures
0 Kudos
Not applicable
HOw about a CFD, tricky but do-able?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
BUt looking at cfd lists I see none for TOPI, anyone know of one?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
nope, not offered on the topi, only on satrix - and that is the worst day trading option of all, spread is magnified. You want to be trading alsi futures - not ssf's - because there the spread is only 30pts - more or less. This is fundamental. if you are trying to profit intra day, and your ATR is 400pts, you can't have 25% of that taken up in a spread - you will lose virtually every time
0 Kudos
Not applicable
skaaptjop where do u find the alshi futures you talk about(what is the code)thanx
0 Kudos
Not applicable
they are not offered by ost. Guys, my point is that OST offers products if your timeframe is weekly or, at a bare minimum a couple of days. To day trade the alsi, you need realtime feeds and futures contracts. OST website is way too slow for you to react to intra price movements on the alsi, and the instruments they offer have too high a spread to capitalize on intra day transaction ranges
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Skaaptjop thanks...that was about the most informative feed that Ive read on this forum...still taking it all in!
0 Kudos
saash
Super Contributor
Yes agreed. Depending on the pricing and trend, the barriers from DB can be profitable, but you need live feeds, and their telephone number since sometimes they don't update the market prices.
0 Kudos
saash
Super Contributor
BB - How does your trading pan out, cos I've seen you on a few occasions going all in on risky calls which turn against you. Your call last night is looking a bit eina, unless you've already exited?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Skaap, by any chance do you live in PTA somewhere?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
thanx skaaptjop i agree with dug- i wasted a lot of time/money to realise that-
0 Kudos