Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Calling Great caller....

eddy66
Super Contributor
Tring tring...tring tring... tring tring...no answer!
0 Kudos
15 REPLIES 15
richardw
Super Contributor
There is no more irritating bull than a reformed bear :p
0 Kudos
Prestonmyhusban
Regular Contributor
Hi, you have reached the Head Office of Bharti India. Unfortunately we are unable to take your call.Please leave a message on the MTN SA network and we will get back to you after all reulatory requirements has been satisified.
0 Kudos
Ninja
Super Contributor
Great Caller is talking to the great white telephone in the bathroom....sorry you found my comments re the rally so "stupid" last week great caller but I'm sure my P&L is a lot easier on the eye than yours is right now. Keep holding short, the market has to turn soon!!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
He was right for a day or so, just not to the extent that he required to make a significant profit. Up and Down she goes, we all have a 50% chance at getting it right.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
ya, but it is way more then just gettign it right .. it is about making profit .. so timing entry an exit .. spreads, slippage, costs, size of move etc ..
0 Kudos
saash
Super Contributor
The thing I love about these threads is that noone actually knows who is trading what and over what time-frame. Time to be long? On what? Gold, a gold producers shares, the Alsi, Satrix, FTSE huh? For how long? An hour or two, a day or two, a week or two ... people, this is a dense arguement without clarification. Yesterday my silly system confirmed to go long .... nevertheless, there may even be a short firing off within my long some time later today - especially since we're at resistance and have a gap to close - but the primary trend is long, even if that short does come into play. All depends if its a quick 30 min - 2 hour trade, or a trade for the next few days.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Simon you like complicating my simple comments...lol
0 Kudos
Not applicable
The US struggling to hold onto gains atm..Gold is above a 1000$..the dollar of the US resembles that of zimbabwe's..Oil is more than 4% up..Any1 brave enough to make a call..Its like gambling...50/50..The Simons of the world change there tunes everyday.the market rallies and everythings purrfect,have a streak of down days and "Investors are considering if the rally was overdone"..They dont have the slightest clue..
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
The Simons of the world .. HUH .. dude there is only one Simon in this world .. no plural ..
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Oof, it doesn't pay to gloat guys. Shorting is usually a quick in and out strategy, whereas going long can be held. Right now, I think it is tough to call. We are certainly not seeing a helluva lot of big movement to the upside, which is making me pretty cautious. Overall, a pretty mixed bag on the JSE
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Oof, it doesn't pay to gloat guys. Shorting is usually a quick in and out strategy, whereas going long can be held. Right now, I think it is tough to call. We are certainly not seeing a helluva lot of big movement to the upside, which is making me pretty cautious. Overall, a pretty mixed bag on the JSE
0 Kudos
Wizard
Super Contributor
We tend to see double after few drinks.
0 Kudos
richardw
Super Contributor
Bigtime agreed skaaptjop. Gloating is just going to get someone else dancing on your grave when you get it wrong. Frankly, we're all trying to make a buck here.
0 Kudos
saash
Super Contributor
Lol - case in point, I can be short and you can be long and depending where we enter and exit, and how many trades we make in a given time frame, we can both make profits.
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
Only one Princess Leia and many copycats thereof.
0 Kudos