Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Calls for 1000 points Dow rally

DEP
Super Contributor
Shorts beware. Calls for 1000 points Dow rally.
0 Kudos
34 REPLIES 34
Not applicable
Where do you get your info from?????
0 Kudos
Not applicable
1000 pt rallies happened back in October / November last year. At the moment, there is too much selling pressure from main street and the VIX is not high enough to sustain those sort of moves. In my opinion the rally will not exceed 300 pts.
0 Kudos
DEP
Super Contributor
Dow oversold... time for the shorts to lose money!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Yeah i was thinking along the same lines, going to be interesting to watch, not much is certain in these markets anymore...
0 Kudos
DEP
Super Contributor
1000 points rally over the next two weeks!
0 Kudos
_nova
Super Contributor
if there's any news out there that will cause a rally it will be more than a 1000, more like 2k to 3k. But as long as SnP is below 700?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Was hoping claims would be either above or below concensus - give a bit of direction. But right on target. Though would have to say that seems slightly bearish to me, what reason to rally now?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
As far as I remember it's been worse than expected consistently for the past few months. Perhaps the market was expecting it worse than expected again?
0 Kudos
dilligaff
Super Contributor
So really intrigues me, as to what you are sooooooooo looooooooooong of, that warrants calling 1k in 10 trading days?
Beers on me if you're on the moolah :)
0 Kudos
Not applicable
WOW ! 1000 point! don,t know about that but numbers out was spot on so priced in the market ! Would be nice to see a rally after 4 straight weeks of red. Anyway iam long AGL
0 Kudos
HateGauteng
Super Contributor
Dow up 144.8 at the moment.
0 Kudos
DEP
Super Contributor
Cautiously long on AGL, SBK, MTN, NED, ASA, TKG
0 Kudos
Brazen
Super Contributor
Good reading of the market Tim. I think you're right.
0 Kudos
Surf_Rat
Super Contributor
18 750 plus 1000 = 19 750 on JSE plus another 400 for the dead cat and we at 20 200 futures close out going to be an interesting week next week if this happens then I have no idea who is in charge here wall street or main street but it looks like wall street is teaching main street a big lesson who actually runs things
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
i have now exited my short on AGL,but feel this market is now just churnung,i'l wait for a definite trend before joining the fray again....same goes for banks....and shops seem to have passed their sell-by date as well.
0 Kudos
Wizard
Super Contributor
well the rally is officially dusted now...
0 Kudos
Not applicable
0 Kudos
Wizard
Super Contributor
The one that lasted 5 seconds on the DOW.
0 Kudos
_nova
Super Contributor
SnP below 670-680 is in BIG trouble
0 Kudos