Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Calm before a storm

john_1
Super Contributor
Is it just me or do you too feel a little south wind blowing.
0 Kudos
53 REPLIES 53
Not applicable
Been eating Mexican food again have we
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Grr, avast mateys, i too sense a disturbance in the force....
0 Kudos
DCTrader
Super Contributor
I'm hopinh a force 5 hurricane rips through this market... but that's maybe a bit extreme. Moral of the story... dont hold a wave warrant overnight!
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
It simple science mate.. all waves end up, by breaking on the beach.
0 Kudos
CE
Super Contributor
Hows about a bit of TOPDWZ and the wave will brake in your bank account when the old TOPI k#k this pm J-man ?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
'Scuse me while i go polish my surfboard....!Nothing like some early morning riding, just watch out for those sharks.
0 Kudos
DCTrader
Super Contributor
Prediction... we'll be back to the opening level by 12!
0 Kudos
CE
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
I dont know CE I went looking for a surf this morning but it looks like the tides might be wrong, Truth is CE its a great fantasty to buy 2-3 hundred thousand and retire this afternoon, but the more likey thing that will happen is a wipe out or a little gamble of R 1000 bucks that gives you a thrill but not much else.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Last time I heard talk like this I joined the party and woke up with a hangover... me thinks I should have bought calls instead of PUTs again
0 Kudos
CE
Super Contributor
Well summed up, although I see there are a few oaks with slightly bigger balls.
0 Kudos
Runbird
Contributor
While I have to agree that I also have a feeling that we might see some more red, I know from experience that I have lost way too much on these feelings... So, now I go by the charts, fundamentals, etc and at the moment nothing tells me we are going down. On 30 minute and 1 hour charts, MACD, Stochastic, RSI etc indicates a BUY. Commodity futures also looking good. Do, I'll wait till we hit resistance and re-assess. Wall Street futures are negative, though, so we might see some downward movement this afternoon...
0 Kudos
peekay
Frequent Contributor
I made most of my money on TOPDWZ yesterday. The bit of profit I lost today was not significant. But is there a new entry? I am sitting on my little pile of cash.... Waiting.... patiently....
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
aha runbird, somebody talking sense at last. Gut feeling are best left for the smallest room in the house.

An a comment on US futures, they're generally not useful for what the market will do. It's a couple of taders who can't sleep playing around, certainly no large institutions are up and trading the futures at this time and they are the ones that will move the market.
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
I have to admit, i think old runbird may have it right.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
john, why hate it? jes trade it. but you know that.
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Turns out you were both right. But then you know that also.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
3 consecutive lower highs & lows. Dunno bout you chaps, but I saw this one yesterday just before the tsunami.
0 Kudos
DCTrader
Super Contributor
Damn... knew i should hav doubled up... bid at 15c but the trades were all at 16/7c... oh well
0 Kudos