Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Can Woolies still be a buy

Rams
Super Contributor
woolies has to kill the clothing and homeware division to get my attention...i am adding to my long term positions in MPC and SHP
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
and trading : still short MSM
0 Kudos
WES
Super Contributor
A 50 basis point increase is not going to affect their monthly spending at Woolies, they have more than enough free cash flow to absorb an interest increase. They are not going to cut back on woollies.
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
I hold long term in both FSR and WHL :)
0 Kudos
WES
Super Contributor
Rams, just a question, don't you think MPC will come under serious pressure on their imports due to the weak rand. I feel that with the consumer at the lower end of the market is under a lot of pressure now (e-tolls and interest hike) and their imports becoming more expensive, this has to lead to lower margins.
0 Kudos
klapka
Super Contributor
This pullback is already looking overdone.
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
The low interest rate cycle has come to an end. That means we are fighting creeping inflation with interest rate hikes. The last place you want to be in, in such an environment are retailers. They are all shooting stars that will move at best sideways or marginally higher in the next year or two.
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
yes,but compared to WHL, MPC still a better buy...
0 Kudos