Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Can anyone access this site via their cellphones?

Not applicable
I've tried with 2 different nokia's: after entering username and password I am returned to the same login page Apple iphone: I get an error message: Bad header request I get this same error message when trying to access the site from my laptop using Google Chrome as a browser. Anyone else had these issues?
0 Kudos
12 REPLIES 12
PILOT_ROB
Contributor
Hi - haven't tried on my samsung omnia - but also cannot access the site from Google Chrome (although I can use the SB banking site !!!) - weird. I'm going to check for a new version of google chrome this weekend as it appears to be a common problem with google chrome users. Are you running Vista on your PC ?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Some features use to work with Opera Mini - if you selected old menu. Now for some strange reason it has been removed?
0 Kudos
G_V_V
Super Contributor
It works with Nokia 9300i you must download opera mini and activate java.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
howsit.. I use Nokia N82, if i use the web application it bombs out most of the time.However Opera mini works very well.only thing is you cant access a few menu options like buying shares under the buy ans sell menu.you have to search for the company name and navigate from there.
0 Kudos
CrownA
Super Contributor
Using Nokia N70 with Opera Mini. Had not been able to buy/sell, but the above tip is useful. Thanks.
0 Kudos
Jechlojoes
Contributor
Hi. I've got the HTC Diamond. I am writing this rsponse from my phone using Opera mobile. A very user friendly piece of equipment, especially for online trading as it has 7.2 HSDPA.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I have a Nokia E51 & can operate on the site - NO Problems. I can transact, check even reply to the forum (doing that now. I havent had to download anything extra but am also a techno idiot so don't know if the E51 comes with software pre-loaded.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Thanks. Downloaded Opera Mini and can now access the site. Will check on monday whether I can access the trading functions.
0 Kudos
janne
Frequent Contributor
I tried to install the new Google Chrome, getting the same error message BAd Header when trying to connect to the bank site. must have a bug in it.
0 Kudos
ZerOgravity
Contributor
HTC tytyn2 works but cant complete any trades, once u type in ur password the buttons are not active . Any advice?
0 Kudos
XWolf
Contributor
Interesting... I also have a Nokia E51 and I also get the "bad header" message. A note to Standard Bank: It would be nice if you could make your website phone-compatable :)
0 Kudos