Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Can the ECB deliver? Or is it time to run for the exit...

DEP
Super Contributor
Can the ECB deliver? Or is it time to run for the exit...I don't know, but as for me I am going on the run before Draghi opens his mouth (selling all positions before 1pm).
0 Kudos
25 REPLIES 25
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
blast, I always miss the fun .. I be on a plane to CPT at 1 ..
0 Kudos
DEP
Super Contributor
He only starts speaking at 2:30 pm ---
0 Kudos
partridge
Super Contributor
Frankly they are not going to deliver anything - read the ECB constitution
0 Kudos
DEP
Super Contributor
... yeap, that's my concern - how can they print euros big time without Germany Bunderbank's blessing?
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
so, what do the charts say about what people in the know are doing ahead of the meeting(the content of the meeting and the decision aside). I see a lot of short covering and lots of buying...
0 Kudos
DEP
Super Contributor
... well in that case buy lots more!
0 Kudos
Mar-11
Super Contributor
buy on rumour, sell on fact... speculation gone wild....how many times do we rise before data/announcemt just to give it all back, then some... there is pre data and post data, dont get confused... post data.. pre data means nothing! trade it when it happens....deafening this noise!
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
thats my point exactly...how do use the charts to filter the noise and see what people are actually doing...whats the money IN the market saying...
0 Kudos
DEP
Super Contributor
... the charts can only reflex human emotions (fear and greed) - and those my friend are all hinged on Central banks - ECB and FED and CHINA CB - printing lost of Mahala Money. And if they dont come through - then the charts will show that afterwards.
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
and dont miss the point...there are some in the know(like some facebook investors)...quietly using that information to either buy or sell this market...how do you, my friend since we so chummy now,read a chart to reflect that...it is still a view but it may filter the noise?
0 Kudos
DEP
Super Contributor
well, those "some in the know" have secured there positions long ago... they wont be waiting for today to buy or sell today.
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
agreed, so what do you see in the chart to have a view on what those in the know are doing
0 Kudos
Mboss
Contributor
Im not much of an economist or excelent chart reader, but if I look at the chart it tells me "those in the know" are not buying and are probably looking to sell. I could be wrong.
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
well, if they are in the know, they would have sold, both their longs and shorts...but i think those not in the know are heading for the exit(like DEP advised) and those in the know are covering shorts and buying...but remember nonfarm payrolls tomorrow also...
0 Kudos
DEP
Super Contributor
... sure I'm one of those "not in the know" and Rams is the "one in the know"
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
well well...must you revert to sarcasm...i must approach OST to introduce a course on teaching forumites how to analyse and respond to questions on this forum...
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
well no fireworks..lets see what the US does...and better job figures released...
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
now thats a gap on the DOW...well there were people in the know and they were short covering and buying...and it was all there in the chart.....
0 Kudos
DEP
Super Contributor
0 Kudos