Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Can you beat this?

CHATTYCHAT
Super Contributor
My nett position deteriorated by 7,8% since yesterday, this represents a downside of 0,7% on my portfolio @ ruling prices. 12/14 shares went south, 1/14 went north, 1/14 could not decide.
0 Kudos
11 REPLIES 11
Preston
Super Contributor
5/5 is currently heading south....
0 Kudos
CHATTYCHAT
Super Contributor
Very important lesson for me: 14 must be diminished. 5 much better to focus upon.
0 Kudos
asylum
Super Contributor
yes chatty i only ever have 5 max at the mo only three i dont invest long term i have identified about 10 companies i wish to invest in, i buy on the pullback and sell close to resistance so im always trading one share for another one so far its worked well for me.omo
0 Kudos
attackcat
Contributor
I have 13 (unlucky) currently running at 50%up and 50% down - not good, would have been better in the money market! Maybe also need to focus, but does one focus on the correct half!
0 Kudos
Pam_1
Regular Contributor
CC you sound like a bear in the bull ring. Its tough to swim upstream.
0 Kudos
Russ
Super Contributor
Yes,it's better nowadays to be a bull in a china shop.You will get a lot of lucky breaks.
0 Kudos
DR_1
Super Contributor
In deeper trouble, bought DRD @ R8 and HAR @ R103 about a year ago, and now I am 50% down. A time when the rest of the market has been going up by 50% the same time
0 Kudos
Russ
Super Contributor
Both broke through resistance yesterday.Keep holding (shares and thumbs).
0 Kudos
CHATTYCHAT
Super Contributor
Pondering: what if the Government was to publish a SENS, would yesterdays small budget require any announcement?
0 Kudos
saash
Super Contributor
Trevor doesn't like the phrase mini budget - seems he considers it to be his interim report. Anyway - I cut some dead wood yesterday, and spent the month narowing my portfolio. Seem I started the ritual of diving into every opportunity ... discipline - opportunities will always re-present themselves.
0 Kudos
CHATTYCHAT
Super Contributor
You speak with wisdom.
0 Kudos