Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Can you split your portfolio?

Potgieter
New Contributor
Is it possible to have one online share trading account, but have the portfolio split into 2 sections for e.g. if two diffrent people want to use the same account but not get their money mixed up. Thanks
0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
yes, contact the call center ..
0 Kudos
Shard
Super Contributor
Simon, how many separate accounts in one login are possible and would this mean extra fees?
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
no extra fees .. no limit as far as I know ..
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Ja but, both parties can see what is going on in the others account?
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
well yes .. it is one log in multiple accounts ..
0 Kudos
Shard
Super Contributor
I know a guy that invests his clients through the platform, I guess this is how he does it. If I start using to invest "clients" money I need to up my subscription correct? By clients I mean family and friends.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
In theory you should have signed mandates, contract etc to invest and be registered and declare your interests as a active investor/trader for SARS purposes and be-able to issue tax invoices to each "client" etc. But seeing it family, hope they trust you enough and friends....well that's your hassle with them when things go wrong.
remember no one remembers you when you making them money, but just loose as single amount or pay late and you are crucified before the tribunals of every order you never knew existed.
But as far as I know no increased subscription as the money is under your control and how you sort the legal side out aint OST concern as you have a contract with them operating the account. You can "unlimited accounts" under the single log-in.
0 Kudos
Shard
Super Contributor
Thanks CPS, dont worry, I'm in the Investment Management Industry so I understand unhappy clients.
0 Kudos