Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Cant trade this morning

saash
Super Contributor
How pathetic is that? No-one else troubled by this?
0 Kudos
24 REPLIES 24
HateGauteng
Super Contributor
Really scary luckily I'm short on the alsi (just for the pullback) but want to go long again later.
0 Kudos
saash
Super Contributor
I wanna enter a position - so glad I'm not caught on the wrong side here :-(
0 Kudos
HateGauteng
Super Contributor
The break in connectivity between SBK and the JSE is what really scares me. I wonder if traders have direct access to the JSE if they need to exit positions in a hurry? Wonder if OST call centre facilitate this?
0 Kudos
Mighty_Mouse
Occasional Contributor
Yup I am also having problems - seems the call centre can't really help either - the response is 'wait 15 to 30 minutes' so that does not really help either.
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
JDH yes i bought at 50 cents ,perhaps something to do with this broken trading system and a stoploss of 10%.Its price rise probably 'mad cow disease coupled with swine flu?"
0 Kudos
saash
Super Contributor
Can't trade through the call centre either - usually, they do facilitate that.
0 Kudos
JDT
Regular Contributor
Not SBK, alsi on other platforms not tradeable as well
0 Kudos
HateGauteng
Super Contributor
Wonder if STX40 will fall below the 2293 mark. What entry point you looking for Saash?
0 Kudos
saash
Super Contributor
I'm looking to enter a short either on a trade lower than that support, or on a rally up to yesterdays close.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
0 Kudos
HateGauteng
Super Contributor
I've been short since Friday. Maybe I should just leave it there rather than turn it into a long today?
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
it wasn't a break in connectivity .. it was a JSE system upgrade that went wrong .. an no you can not go diretly to the JSE, you have to go via a broker ..
0 Kudos
HateGauteng
Super Contributor
With stop losses sitting at SBK, this could get painful.
0 Kudos
Mighty_Mouse
Occasional Contributor
My trade cancellation has still not been processed, its now a delay of over an hour and a half - so it's a situation where one is blocked - you can't revise a trade up or down until the cancellation is registered - I guess Online Share Trading covers themselves in the fine print for this situation, where the client suffers a loss etc?
0 Kudos
murgs
Contributor
Simon, there seemed to be a lot of trading going on through other brokers/platforms. How would that have happened if the JSE was down?
0 Kudos
HateGauteng
Super Contributor
I just went long again at 2297. Hope it rallies up to yesterdays close. Then I'll follow you with another short :-) Looks like a double bottom on the intraday.
0 Kudos
saash
Super Contributor
What time frame are you working on? I'm still short. Don't confuse my system.
0 Kudos
HateGauteng
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
HateGauteng
Super Contributor
Unfortunately, I exited Simons's lazy system last week. Needed to get some money out. Made 25% profit in 3 weeks though.
0 Kudos