Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Capitec - Some thoughts...

Werner_1
Super Contributor
I spent some time yesterday trying to figure out if CPI is over-expensive or not... I did some analysis using a share price chart and overlaying earnings since 2004. This along with the business understanding and prospects leads me to believe the price is not cheap, but it isnt overly expensive and i will not be selling the share. I will see if i can write a small report with my findings, but the current surge has occurred before in its history, and guess what, it didnt retrace the gains, basically stabilised when earnings were more flat but didnt fall much... Its also interesting that the only time a extended drop occurred was in 2007-2008 during the crisis, this drop wasnt even that bad, it was only about 20%, and while the price dropped the earnings were moving higher, leading to a buying opportunity that everyone missed (i knew this though). I will see if i can make a PDF that has the chart with the price and earnings as well as my ideas and observations... it might make people holding CPI more confortable at current levels, but doesnt really support buying at this stage...
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
CrownA
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
do you own CPI shares?
0 Kudos