Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Capitec - Surprising trading statement

kwagga
Super Contributor
It's going to make a run for new highs soon. This bus is leaving folks.
0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
Not applicable
Well, I challenge any system to find something wrong with this trade. News fundi's have a catalyst for growth, fundamentals solid with reasonable PE'. A big bounce off support, etc, etc. Some systems might wait for a break out of the flag, but my system puts me in - a perfect trade - a no brainer.
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
It can only be perfect , if the outcome is win or lose....As Simon will say , a perfect or good trade may be a loser.....
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results and since you trading system is mechanical, a reasonableness conclusion of your insanity can be established.
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
Are you on drugs ot taking either of these drugs, Haldol, Prolixin, Navane, Stelazine, Trilafon, and Mellaril? Anyway , God bless you.
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
I've seen false breakouts on many shares before, and lost in the process. I do however believe that if you don't take the opportunity to play a high probability trade, it's a bigger loss. Cpi presents a probability to go higher. That's all. So let's play and see. My target is R221. Abil also in tandem with Cpi at the moment.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
A quick note on the trading statement. At the low end of the forecast, their full year earnings exceeds even the highest estimate on OST's forecasts (7 analysts). At 1480 odd in EPS, this puts their current PE around 13, which is on a par with all the major banks. That is unlikely to stay like that IMO. From a traders' perspective - we have hit the top of the downtrend, now to see if it breaks.
0 Kudos