Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Capitec cloud looms

DST
Super Contributor
See Keith McLachlan's piece on the CPI advances book's spiral at
http://goo.gl/ReXcG
0 Kudos
17 REPLIES 17
Not applicable
Of the analysts who I read, Keith is the one I who I rate the highest by far.
0 Kudos
seded
Contributor
Long term deposit investors be afraid.Very very very afraid.Where can one short CPI ?
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
did not read the analysis... but don't short CPI
0 Kudos
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
If you could find a counter-party (and do a Warren Buffet), this share is well worth considering for a LONG-TERM short. It has serious obstacles to overcome going forward, has realised most of its growth - and yet is still being priced as a growth stock. I wouldn't touch it with a barge pole. In the near-future though - it has momentum on its side!
0 Kudos
striker
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
THRESHOLD, Warren (since Skaap is on first name basis with Keith), liked companies with serious obstacles to overcome so long as it was "overcomable" - thats where he saw VALUE . CPI...long or stay out!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I am only on first name basis with Keith - bacause I can never spell his surname!
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
Skaap(just cant spell the rest of your name...is tj, cj,top, chop?)so whats your analysis of the analysis?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Well, value investors are traditionally low PE low price buyers, so your value comments pertaining to Capitec are probably incorrect.
0 Kudos
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
I welcome his opinion.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
it won't be an opinion, it will be a thrashing on your naughty bottom!(lol - in case you think I am not joking)
0 Kudos
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
Bring it on, I say...
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
was talking about your analysis of Keiths analysis. Anyway, your analysis of my analysis is wrong- i did not say go out and buy now. Long or stay out!
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
CPI has been about momentum for last few years .. for now that momentum is stalled, as it often does .. either it'll carry on or reverse .. if reverse I sell (already sold 40% of holding) ..
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
but would you short(if not already holding a long position)
0 Kudos
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
ie. A potential ong-term short. Simon, you're not allowed to agree with me (even in a tepid fashion). It takes the fun out of this thing we have.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
if momemtum turned down, which it certainly hasn't .. so would I short here, no ..
0 Kudos