Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Capitec's on the move again

Werner_1
Super Contributor
Seems to have had a couple of good days again.. I really like this company!
0 Kudos
49 REPLIES 49
sixpack
Contributor
yes seems unstoppable at the moment!!!!!!
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
Massively overbought and the graph looks like it's ready for a major blow off. Still a good company, but a very, very crowded trade rignt now.
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
I will never by now. totally against my logic. but its a very good company and has being in such situations for quite some time.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I see it touching R200 pretty soon.
0 Kudos
striker
Super Contributor
Great business model and all,this one is surely overbought.
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
now overbought, yes, but i am very happy to be holding onto them, up already 230%.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
the PE is only at teh top end of the range, so only as expensive as it has ever been .. an of couurse when the E in the PE changes at the next results ..
0 Kudos
striker
Super Contributor
Unlike you Simon to predict future earnings - who's to say they will be up - sounds like you hold this stock ?
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
thort everybody knew I hold this stock, from about R40 and I have also commented that R400 in 3-5 years is possible .. search tickertalk.co.za for the logic to that theory ..

an sure earnings could go down, but it is unlikely in my mind .. if ntohign else they addign 70k new accounts per month post year end and if they keep that up then they will add almost another 50% new accounts in the current year ..
0 Kudos
striker
Super Contributor
Hmmmm - shades of BFS ?
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
Simon, i agree, i dont see their earnings dropping sharply anytime soon. Only thing i dont like about this investment is the fact that i didnt buy many more shares some years ago.
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
Nothing goes up in a straight line. The graph already looks surreal. There must be a blowoff phase that will create an opportunity to buy.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
not even close dude .. not on any metric ..
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
largely agreed .. but in truth I thort that would happen at around 70 or 80 ..
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
I thought the same on several occations, what CPI seems to do is have a time frame where the price doesnt move much, basically flat, maybe a bit down, not really much at all though, then it builds its foundation and moves up after some time again. I would even be OK with some profit taking, I also thought it should happen, but then when i did my report on the company the earnings are underlying the growth and i think we can expect some good times until the earnings fails, which i dont see coming soon.
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
Just another comment, this could be totally wrong, but i want to tell you guys and we can discuss it -> in a very bad time in the world CPI did very well, obviously people moved to them to try to reduce monthly bank costs, etc as they are much cheaper for standard clients without the need for fancy financial products. what would happen when the world's economies start to pick up, people start to earn more, spend more and more people get jobs in the sectors that CPI targets. then their earnings could even move higher faster? is there any logic in that?
0 Kudos
striker
Super Contributor
In this micro lending space, there's also ABL,which has also weathered the storm,P/e half of CPI's and div. yield way greater.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
ABL closer then BFS .. but CPI more full service banking, ABL just the micro lending.. but I do agree that most people miss that CPI is large micro lender ..
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Capitec is a good one. I have been holding it since early May and it has moved close close to 20%. And the analysts keep telling us to sell!!!
0 Kudos