Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Capitec

Werner_1
Super Contributor
moving quite nicely as of late... whats your thoughts on this one, i have acquired shares in CPI a few years back, dividends are not the same as the big 4, but its a very solid business, and i am sure they will record more stable results than the big 4, maybe even bringing their dividend more in line to the others. Overall i really like this company, solid stable business that is growing very well.
0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
louisg
Super Contributor
From their Trading Statement - "Capitec hereby advises that a reasonable degree of certainty exists that earnings and headline earnings per share for the year ending 31 August 2009 will exceed the comparable earnings and headline earnings per share for the previous corresponding period being 31 August 2008 by between 35% and 55%."
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
Thanks for posting that Louisg, yes, a very different picture to the others, even though i have some of the others and am very happy with them for long term investments. CPI's business isnt that risky as the other big banks. i think this helps them control risks, defaulting clients and bad debts quite well. They will go a far way in africa...
0 Kudos
platsak
Super Contributor
While we are on small cap banks. Whats the opinion of the forum on mercantile. Got some at 21 c.
0 Kudos
the_boss
New Contributor
this ia a marvelous stock,just read their trading update-this stock must obviously be a target for an overseas/local bank
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
sorry, i cannot comment, really dont know that company at all...
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
PSG has a significant stake in CPI.
0 Kudos