Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Capitec

Werner_1
Super Contributor
Who here has CPI shares? Any comments on the offer from PSG yesterday? I want to keep my CPI shares, dont want this to happen but with PSG's 37% ownership they have lots of power... whats your thoughts?
0 Kudos
15 REPLIES 15
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
they making an offer .. you can decline to swap your CPI for PSG .. notwithstanding that the deal values CPI at aroudn 3600c ..
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
Thanks Simon, i will reject the offer. Capitec currently at R73 and deal valued at R36, this is totally unacceptable? Whats the chances that this will go through with PSG having 37% shareholding?
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
zero .. who will willing give away 50% value ??
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
Excellent! I hope they dont pick up some shares to get over 50% though...
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Its a rediculous offer, makes me want to go out and buy PSG, in case it goes through! Because there is still a risk of some idiot / uninformed person approving this.
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
I agree, I just hope most of the shareholders actually put their vote through, i get the idea small investors dont really care much about voting... I see CPI is the largest contributor to PSG's intrinsic value and HEPS as well. no wonder they want to STEAL it from us...
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
sure, but how many ?? it is a legal requirement that they make the offer and the price indicates they they frankly don't want or can't afford all of CPI .. probably latter ..
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
not stealing .. it is a legal requirement .. and if you do nothing, you keep your shares .. you have to activate the swap .. and CPI market cap almost twice PSG ..
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
OK, i will keep my shares, thanks for the explanation Simon.
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
Just thought, why would PSG spend money to organise all this offer, get circulars out, get advice from investment bank, etc. on an offer that everyone will outright reject? or do you think their idea is to catch some uninformed people who think its a good deal and increase their share like that?
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
because it is a legal requirememnt .. hence called a mandatory offer ..
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
OK, i never knew that. sorry. does that requirement kick in if they have a certain % of the company or how does it work?
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
yip, 35% which is considered a controling stake ..
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
ok, thanks, i learnt something today!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
AS did I - Thanks Simon.
0 Kudos