Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Car Problem ...Can anyone help ,

Preston
Super Contributor
Guys.. My battery light is constantly on. I have taken my car to have the battery check out and the alternator and i was told that it was fine . But now i noticed that the left hand side of my dashboard is not lit up whilst the right hand side is fully lit up. Secondly the lamp of the car is much brighter when i excelerate and get incredible dim when i take my foot of the accelerator.. Any constructive comment as to what could be the problem...?
0 Kudos
14 REPLIES 14
Brazen
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
Not applicable
your problem battery cell seems dead as your car charges it is going direct to the output, check cables for short by turning ignition on whilst someone looks at cables for short spark--- i am disappointed p with the bucks you make - give it away & get another one
0 Kudos
Stock11
Contributor
Is ur car a tata,hyundai or kia?
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
Corolla. I am not a fan of driving expensive car although i can afford it. Just a waste of money.
0 Kudos
CHATTYCHAT
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
CHATTYCHAT
Super Contributor
is this a pranking exercise? By the sound of your complaint the thing can't even start, not even with a jumpstart effort! OMO
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
LN..If it is that.How do i resolve it?
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
No this is not a prank. This car do start, but it is so slugish, no power. Then about 10 minute later , the battery light come on...
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Keep your foot on the accelerator, next please?
0 Kudos
Hawk
Contributor
Hi there. I've had this same problem on a different car. I'm pretty sure it is the battery or altenator. I can remember I had the battery checked and it seemed fine, but there was one cell which did not charge. Just get a second opinion.....
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
CHATTYCHAT
Super Contributor
Battery Centre 0800112600
0 Kudos
Not applicable
If your batt light comes on it means that at that moment your alternator is not charging.Check belt first to make sure nice and tight.If not belt, sounds like rectifier inside alt caput.Definitely not a battery problem.Trust me i am in both bussiness.The inside dash light one of is prob blown.Get qoute from auto electrician to replace both regulator and rectifier as compared to new alternator.You dont have to buy from agents other replacements just as good.
0 Kudos
Project_Directo
Super Contributor
great post......roflmao. have you seen the CHANA mobiles(the ones they said they drove all the way from ***** knows where in the really far east where real bankers come from) bet simon gets one for his next co car, sure to impress the new bosses.....hehe....roflmao.
0 Kudos