Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Car problem

Wizard
Super Contributor
My car battles to accelerate after I start it. I floor the gas and it has a limited respons. After sometime when it's on temperature and it's working fine. What could be the problem? Anyone had similar experiences?
0 Kudos
24 REPLIES 24
Not applicable
Check the handbrake :-)
0 Kudos
Not applicable
carburetor or fuel injection?
0 Kudos
Wizard
Super Contributor
fuel injection. BMW 318i
0 Kudos
Not applicable
could be a range of problems, fuel filter blocked, fuel pump on its way out, dirty fuel injectors, spark plugs, o2 censor....
0 Kudos
Maddog
Regular Contributor
My wife has the same problem........any suggestions??????
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Upgrade to wife 320D? Problem is then you get loads more torque.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
trade her in for a newer model. preferably with less torque, lower maintenance and better performance.
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
Wizard, you are going to be my new best friend. My dad prior to his death on the 14 Nov 2007 (2 week ago)(80yrs old) bought me a car , a Toyota Corrolla. This car now has so much sentimental value and although i have so much car problem and other forum member describe the car as a "sedonk" i will never trade it in. I am going do an gearbox haul and change the clutch and pressure plate on Friday at a cost of R5000.00 I appreciate the fact that you are utilising the expertise of other forum members to sort your car problem out...
0 Kudos
Not applicable
condolences preston, I trust he had a full and happy life.
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
At 80yrs he really did enjoy himself. The hardest part is letting go. Although he was diagonised with Congestive Heart Failure (condition where the heart muscle cell is ineffective to pump blood throughout his body) he fought gallantly up an including his death. What saddens me , is the verse in the bible that say "Naked i come into this world and naked i will depart". He was an extremely a rich man but when he departed ,he took nothing...
0 Kudos
YNWA
Super Contributor
...condolences amigo.....cherish all the memories...I lost my ol' man 14 years ago & he's still my guiding light....they did incredible things those ol' timers which few people remember other than those that stood at their gravesides. Don't give up on the Corolla dude...ever! aDIOS
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
Thank Guys. Really appreciate it.
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Hey Preston, truly sorry to hear about your Dad.
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
Thank John. what saddens me is the timing of both my mum (before my graduation) and dad death (before wedding).
0 Kudos
Brazen
Super Contributor
So sorry to hear that Preston. He was obviously a great Dad, bringing up a sweetie like you.
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
Thank Brazen..
0 Kudos
Dilligaff2
Frequent Contributor
Mr P
My condolences too. Losing a parent (or in yr case both within a shortish time) is real tough, since they are such an influence on who we have become. RIP
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
As they say in the clasics "The King is Dead, Long Live the King"
0 Kudos
CHATTYCHAT
Super Contributor
And also from me, my condolences, Preston. Our parents will always remain the guide in our lives - it is up to us to respect their legacy and nurture the essence of the values they lived for and conveyed to their offspring(s).
0 Kudos