Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Cellphone Trading

hellfire
Occasional Contributor
Hi everyone. Does anyone use a cellphone to access OST? If so, what cellphone do you use? Do you have any troubles with watchlists and trading?
0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
Not applicable
Hellfire, you need to install a web browser called OperaMini on your cellphone. Point your existing phone browser to http://www.operamini.com/ and download the application according to your phone type. Works well and is quick. Good luck!
0 Kudos
hellfire
Occasional Contributor
Hi JP, I tried opera mini, but I find that it while it displays all the data, that data often isn't tabulated properly. Also, I have had issues with AJAX and Java based pages on other sites with Opera mini - is this not an issue on the OST site? What I am asking is can one get full functionality trading using the Opera Mini browser? Thanks
0 Kudos
hellfire
Occasional Contributor
Hi JP, I tried opera mini, but I find that it while it displays all the data, that data often isn't tabulated properly. Also, I have had issues with AJAX and Java based pages on other sites with Opera mini - is this not an issue on the OST site? What I am asking is can one get full functionality trading using the Opera Mini browser? Thanks
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I manage to use it on my phone - Nokia N73 - and it works well, with full functionality.
0 Kudos
CrownA
Super Contributor
My Sony Ericsson does not allow connection to secure sites, like OST with https:.. at the beginning. How big is Opera Mini?
0 Kudos
hellfire
Occasional Contributor
Not very big. Around 100kbytes (if you are using vodacom it is about 20c to download).
0 Kudos
muc
Contributor
ya, Nokia N73, works fine with all banks,just slow
0 Kudos
Not applicable
opera is the way to go. Windows Mobile sucks. I use the Samsung Blackjack.
0 Kudos