Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Cement sales on the up an PPC worth 3450 ??

5 REPLIES 5
MarkD
Contributor
I've been watching PPC (raised a query on it some time ago which no one responded to). Very interested in this share! And should have gotten involved when i raised the question >.<
0 Kudos
Not applicable
This company is way too heavily geared for my liking. Too risky in a potential upward move in rates. Tradable yes, but does not fit my investment criteria at all. I have my doubts whether PPC can maintain that impressive dividend policy going forward
0 Kudos
warhippo
Super Contributor
I agree skaaptjop. The playing field has also changed since 2009 when Comp.Com. started investigating and now China and India becoming players in cement here and rest of Africa.
0 Kudos
bob1_1
Contributor
Over the last few years PPC sales has dropped due to imports and lack in contruction. So yes staying away from PPC is correct choice, but that should be short term. Total Cement Sales has picked up as shown in OST research. Since that report PPC share has picked up from the R23 level. Also the construction companies who has used the imported cement has reverted back to PPC stating its a better quality product.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
div safe for now coz of BEE deal .. real issue is very old and hence expensive to run plants and new player (SEP) coming to market in 2013 with big player behind them and cheaper more effeceint plants ..
0 Kudos