Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Central Bank madness...

DEP
Super Contributor
Bernanke is scheduled to speak at 10 a.m. US ET. 4 Pm our time so we will still get a glimpse of Crazy Ben... How do you position yourself?
0 Kudos
10 REPLIES 10
Not applicable
right now neutral unless you love a bumpy ride....personally i am long from 30961.....i see the obvious market expectation will be that he will disappoint so lots of sucker shorts out there (we saw some of them display their suckeness here already earlier).....so initial reaction will be a short squeeze cause what was expected to be a disppointment will not materialise....of course longer term it will but not before the shorts get punished for anticipating something before it happens
0 Kudos
DEP
Super Contributor
Well, I'm covering 65% of my long positions (Resources) with shorts TOPI contracts.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
done that long ago
0 Kudos
DEP
Super Contributor
no answers ... is everyone in cash then? Oh what do you do in a case like today with Ben's speech - it might be Game Changer.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
oh I ignoring it .. I have a spring party starting at 4 so will be drinkin ..
0 Kudos
DEP
Super Contributor
hahaha... good strategy.
0 Kudos
Russ
Super Contributor
I would like the alsi to get down to support at 35000 because I think the next upleg can then start in earnest.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
ya when in doubt, drink .. when not in doubt, drink more coz you missing something ..
0 Kudos
cheapcheap
Regular Contributor
if the markets have remained largely range boung for the week,surely we are going to have a move and maybe a big move either way? rc i don't think the bad news has been factored in,most market commentators still think he will announce qe3,i don't think he will,my little 2cents,simon i'm already drinking,you'll have to catch up.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
there arevery few market commentators expecting qe3 .. certainly none that I speak to, in facty I think the expectation is for disappointment .. the hope is for qe3
0 Kudos