Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Certified Training tech analasys trading

of
Frequent Contributor
what experience does any forum members have of the training provided by SAIFM (SA inst of financial managers) or any other accredited training of some value.
0 Kudos
13 REPLIES 13
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
SAIFM is not so much about learning as it is about passing and getting the certificate ..
0 Kudos
of
Frequent Contributor
Thanks Simon I realise that to move forward in this field (share trading / investment ) I will (reluctantly) need to get of my backside at the pool and reach out, get involved, interact with companies learn train etc any suggestions are welcome
0 Kudos
Not applicable
How do you go about doing the course?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Simon, am I understanding this correctly, that there is a certified TA exam, similar to a CFA? Is there an institute of certified practitioners of TA?
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
ya, technical analyis society of SA .. TASSA .. headed up by roffey an other such lumernaries ..
0 Kudos
Not applicable
what exactly would one do with a certified technical analysis rubber stamp of approval. I thought most of the institutional folk regard it as borderline witchdoctory
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
mostly they do .. but most firms employ at least one bone thrower ..
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
My never humble views is you are better off creating a mailing list with your trades and recomendations, send it to the the heads of investments at all finacial houses. If you start to show a profit and a trackrecord, they might slay their existing bone thrower for you.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Hey, you cannot give that kind of advise here, Simon might be out of a job sometime ;-)
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
nah, I am not the resident bone thrower .. but John is right, do it in real time .. don;t show where you bought in th epast, send them daily or whatever ..
0 Kudos
of
Frequent Contributor
I need an opportunity to join a group and look over the bone trowers shoulder no salary needed
0 Kudos
of
Frequent Contributor
0 Kudos