Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

ChartAdvisor.com says head and shoulders developing on SandP and Dow

Not applicable
ChartAdvisor says: It is interesting to note that this pattern is forming near the resistance of the 200-day exponential moving averages, which is also a level that is used by traders to suggest that nearby resistance could become a going concern within the next few weeks. It wouldn't be surprising to see additional selling pressure enter the markets once the prices of these large cap indexes close below their respective necklines.
0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
divz
Super Contributor
see the ftse has broken 4200 which has been quite an important support will be interesting to see where it closes today
0 Kudos
pb41
Occasional Contributor
I read somewhere that because the developing pattern is so obvious to everybody there is a possibility it will be faded. This will mean the markets move in the opposite direction to that expected and catch a lot of traders on the wrong side. Therefore I would be a bit careful in assuming that this H&S pattern should be traded to the downside. Probably best to wait and see how it plays out.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Well I have taken a put on the stx40, but if all fails will concentrate on composing more music for my music download site http://www.ilike.com/artist/Swayseeker (there are 3 free tunes anyone can download) Regards Swayseeker
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Even if this H/S on the S&P had to break what would the target be ? 23 points ??
0 Kudos
pb41
Occasional Contributor
See this video from Market Club which points out that the S&P could fall by 75 points to around the 805 level if the H&S neckline is broken at 880. The 75 points is measured from the top of the Head at 955 to the neckline at 880. http://broadcast.ino.com/education/sp500_update_200907/
0 Kudos