Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Chartist 1169 points

Not applicable
I came across this guy on twitter. He seems to have made correct calls on 1169 points for last week ( about 5-6 indicvidual calls - long and short). Does anyone know of him? On the topic of number of points - what can realsitically be expected in some of the more expereinced traders opinion?
0 Kudos
46 REPLIES 46
Not applicable
He is somewhat of a guru, and has been doing this for years as a living. Unfortunately he also has a foul mouth, which served to get him banned by OST some years ago when he was a forumite
0 Kudos
Not applicable
ah ok thanks for info.
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
You can become a groupie http://www.realchartist.com/ He's got a real time chat group, blogs, educational stuff. It's comes at a premium though. Interesting site. Been on the free chat for sometime and studying his vid's.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
yes thanks i see there are quite a few free videos. I read about one of the groupies who made 300k plus from 30K in a few months from what they learnt? Sounds to good to be true?
0 Kudos
prancing_horse
Super Contributor
Yip, CPS, who used to be a regular contributor. Those figures are correct, as they state their trades live as 'Chartist' doesn't tolerate post fact.
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
All depends on the time, effort, money management, risk management, strategy and trading experience. It's possible, but in Chartists own words - Most of the fomites on his chat side loose more than they make. He's been doing this for many years, and he's exceptionally good at it. He's part of the 10% that do make money from day trading, and he stared off with a nice fat purse after a company he was a founding member of was purchased a few years ago. It's much simpler to stay level headed with 5 contracts (TOP40 index futures) in the market if you have a few bar in the bank, and for every one Chartist that makes it, nine doesn't. Also remember that although he shares information freely, he will take money from market (including yours) if you trade what he does and you don't know what youÂ’re doing. He in effect also your competition. Be under no illusions on how this game works. ItÂ’s a take no prisoners game. Experienced traders just love new suckers entering the market
0 Kudos
Russ
Super Contributor
hehe,new suckers.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
thanks for the feedback - really appreciate it. I have registered now and i see that the incredible performance that some of the guys have had is verified. 30 K to 300 K in s few months is pretty amazing in my book. I see he did it mostly with 2 contracts even more impressive.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
with all due respect Kwagga, it will take more than a guy trading 5 contracts a time on the ALSI to suckerpunch a newbie. ALSI average is around 60 contracts a minute - way way way too much volume for a 5 contract trader to have any real influence.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
what i would like to know is why CPS and the guys that were providing useful info are not here anymore. Have they all follwed him?
0 Kudos
prancing_horse
Super Contributor
I think the answer lies in how many on this forum are full time day traders and trading the ALSI. CFDs,SSFs are not as aggressive intruments where one can buy and not look at them for a day or two, something you can't do with the ALSI, mainly because of the volatility. You could be in the money and 15 minutes later your stops have kicked in.
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
My point is just that experienced traders take money from inexperienced traders. I never implied that he has any influence on the market. It sounds so simple to make 300k from 30k. It's not, and that's the long and the short of it.
0 Kudos
Russ
Super Contributor
I suspect that there is a very high turnover of day traders on this forum as newbees (and not-so-newbees) get wiped out.Hearing of someone going from 30k to 300k in a few months is like hearing of someone winning the lotto-it keeps everyone interested but the chances of doing it are negligible.Day traders are quite noisy at first but die silently.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I asked about that and they all seem to have all been there since the start. It seesm to be a highly supportive group. One of the main focusses is money management so the guy who has made 300k still only trades with 2-3 contracts as he follwed the advice and philosophy of moving money out of the trading account. Anyway the trading statements are avaislable for anyone to see so there is no smoke and mirrors
0 Kudos
Not applicable
here is a link detailing how he achieved it. I have very seldom seen information shared so freely and openly. It is a great insight into how to tirn arounds ones trading. http://www.realchartist.com/forum/9-challenge/459-cpss-challenge.html
0 Kudos
fusion12321
Frequent Contributor
what a lot of marketing spam.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
u have obviously not taken the timne to check it out..this stuff is all free
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
no really ?? that's nasty, somewhere a Unicorn just died ..
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
0 Kudos