Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Chartist has retired.....but is still trading....

schizo
Frequent Contributor
i still think that you would do very well in money management, leave the trading rooms and mentoring to the roffeys and roms out there, and im sure you wouldnt wanna be associated with those types
0 Kudos
timba
Frequent Contributor
I think its a fantastic idea. Please let us know what you decide.
0 Kudos
Zirk
Frequent Contributor
Ja, i slog 27km to durban most days. Interested on a pay per visit basis, still have a day job for now. There are 1 or 2 people in this area that sell software, provide traing/support, send out sms and have bloomberg tv with a few networked pc's. Can provide more if required. Oh yes, can assist with IT infrastructure/connectivity. Chartist, your posts make good sense. This kinda reminds me of the Turtle Traders :) Good luck!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
If there's mud wrestling, count me in. Otherwise I live too far from the main centers.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
My vision is not just a room full of computers...the concept would be something which caters for all a traders need...information /access to training resources/healthy food which is conducive to quick thinking/massages/chill out areas/frustration venting areas/social areas...big screens where u can watch pros in action...in short a holistic approach....yes the comments re the massages will no doubt keep this thead alive for a while
0 Kudos
YNWA
Super Contributor
I doubt whether this would keep your brain sufficiently occupied Chartman....what you need is a serious traders club...500k gets you thru' the door....Turtle Trader type of thing...nice idea tho'....wish you the best....good suggestion Mammon my Man.....a well stocked pub would guarantee that overheads are met and the chicks/poolboys are for free....judging this forums history a profile would be....about to have a serious drinking habit...has a serious drinking habit....or is recovering from a serious drinking habit.....Adios
0 Kudos
CrownA
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
topgun
Super Contributor
for all this I go to my local Teazers...now if only Lolly would add some computers...
0 Kudos
Galuc
Super Contributor
I like the idea and the wholistic approach attracts me, I would certainly consider it.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Zirk , give me your contact Email address ...
0 Kudos
TraderSteve
Frequent Contributor
Great idea Chartist. Have full time job and woud love to day trade for a living. Having a central meeting point is fantastic as the one negative thing about day trading from home is the loneliness. People need to interact, so yea great idea. Keep me posted.
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
I've been in a few (3) setups like these. The problem is always cost. The thing that really breaks the banks balls are the cost of telecoms and if you want access to services like Reuters, Inet, Bloomberg etc. These services are really expensive and can easily spiral out of control. I must admit that I have given this idea a lot of thought, and our company even played with the idea of setting up a trading hub (GL Trade servers, SAFEX, telecoms, Bloomberg, Inet, Reuters services). This would have been for the smaller trading companies that could not afford their own (trading platform) infrastructure. We just couldn't get past the JSE with compliance issues on shared services on the same infrastructure, although they do exactly the same. If you want to make this work, you will have to do the following: No network, each guy provides his own infrastructure - laptop, 3G connection, data feeds etc. You get a chair, a table coffee, tea and the occasional beer. The sell comes in with the training provided. This environment could be shared with people that telecommute to work (any work) of which the numbers are growing daily in Gauteng
0 Kudos