Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Chartist / john - topi

Chem_I
Contributor
Chartist / John can you please explain to me how you anticipated the short this morning. I am still trying to learn.
0 Kudos
11 REPLIES 11
john_1
Super Contributor
Lick your finger, now put it in the air and if you can feel the wind on the back of your finger, you go short and if you feel it on the front of your finger you go long. its very simple and it works 50% of the time.
0 Kudos
asylum
Super Contributor
I dont do day trading but i guess you would use the FIB retracement tool. Try looking for answers from investopia.com they dont mind sharing their knowledge.
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Nobody ever knows were the market is going ever ( except long term which is alway up ). If anybody says that they do they are talking nonsense. I traded the probablity that the overnight Gap would close.
0 Kudos
Q2W
Super Contributor
Where do you trade the ALSI contracts John?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Chem, a lot of traders who've been doing this for any length of time eventually develop a sixth sense. Oh sure, they'll be able to give you lots of VERY solid reasons for going long or short on their speciality share, but a pure technician who knows how all the indicators work, but WITHOUT experience, would be able to give just as many reasons for going the 'other way' (normally the WRONG way.)
The experienced trader might think he's merely obeying his system, but methinks the 'system' he uses might rather be a justification for why he does what he does.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Chem, its really much much more simple than anything above. I have a standard gap play which is a set up ....if however you dont care for gap plays (I know there are some who despise the simplicity and reliability of gap plays) there is an even simpler way ...... look at the trend...once we took out the open price and were making lower lows all you had to do was to look for lower lows ....
0 Kudos
Brazen
Super Contributor
'I know there are some who despise . . . . '. LOLOL!!! Chartist baby, you are an absolute classic. Let no-one tell you different.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Every time I see that Kulula.com "Poolboy" advert on TV, I just can't help thin king of Chartist - remember to get that lilo inflated this weekend Chartist :)
0 Kudos
Not applicable
what poolboy advert?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
It's a Kulula airline ad - I think I saw it on M-net, I'm not sure what time it's on... They have 2 ads atm - one stars a black girl, and the other a white ou (poolboy / jetsetter)
0 Kudos