Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Chartist - lets rather see who does NOTwant the ban to be lifted.

ian_kotze
Regular Contributor
0 Kudos
36 REPLIES 36
_nova
Super Contributor
there we go. Ian gets the idea. 'Tis all about free speech and having an opinion nuh? I want Chartist back
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Im neutral..but even if he comes back,he needs to adhere to a code of respect,especially when addressing Simon..With the rest of us his pretty easy going..Dont u agree Nova??Respect is important..no??We dont want this place becoming a circus.
0 Kudos
ian_kotze
Regular Contributor
Nebee what do you think is going on on that Zuma post then
0 Kudos
ian_kotze
Regular Contributor
Nebee what do you think is going on that Zuma post then
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Zuma is not is not in charge of the forum, so we don't need to show too much respect towards him...
0 Kudos
richardw
Super Contributor
Point taken - I'll stop my side of it. Back to the numbers.
0 Kudos
_nova
Super Contributor
now ur on the right track. I agree that an apology to Simon is in order and that Chartist needs to police his tongue a bit. He needs to refrain from sexual references as it does offend, but that doesn't mean he should be gagged. I say again, if he oversteps then there is legal recourse an he'll regret that much more than a simple ban
0 Kudos
platsak
Super Contributor
I hope it wasnt my thread that got him in trouble. From a legal perspective everyone must note that there is free speach but that this the forum does not imdemnify anyone from anything that constitutes slander.The fact that stuff is said on a non du plume or internet handle will not indemnify you. If we want to know it or not all of us are building a digtal profile out there that cannot be erased and will travel with us the rest of our lives. If you dont believe me google yourself and be amazed. Thats just information in the public domain. Always best to choose your phrases and words very carefully. That said I would be sad to see chartist go.
0 Kudos
MAGICIAN
Frequent Contributor
LOL - I just googled myself and came up with a funeral parlour!
0 Kudos
DEP
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
Theater_Cat
Super Contributor
Whilst I enjoyed his antics and insight, LET US NOT LOSE SIGHT OF THE FACT THAT HIS POSTS/COMMENTS WERE OUT OF LINE on many occasions. There are rules to any forum; one cannot just let rip with the tongue as one sees fit!
0 Kudos
PaulC
Super Contributor
I think people need to toughen up. The worst thing for the planet was politically correctness. If you dont like what some says dont listen (or read) what they have to say. my 2c Meh - P
0 Kudos
saash
Super Contributor
Don't worry, I don't have a e-foot-print either, even though I'm on Facebook and LinkedIn, and have a google public profile. Go figure.
0 Kudos
venice
Super Contributor
Why was he banned??, was it the plug. Reminds me of my kids playing club Penquin if you go boo then you're out.
0 Kudos
SIMBA
Super Contributor
In my oppinion he serves no purpose,his silly stories describing his sick life style became borring very quickly. He never added any value to my personal investing outlook and i would rather read strikers account of West Ham from 1950 to date. In the 4 years that i have been contributing to this forum , he has stormed off or been deleted plenty of times but he obviously needs the attension because he keeps comming back.........
0 Kudos
Not applicable
In my religion its a sin to talk about a person behind his back..so my advice is lets just forget the issues,and allow SBK to handle it as they are the higher powers that be..
0 Kudos
dookie
Regular Contributor
And you seem to keep reading his posts you dumb *****!
0 Kudos
venice
Super Contributor
After reading these posts it reminds me why the world is screwed one word, wait for it intolerance. If Chartist's sexual preference, what ever they maybe, his language offended and so on ect bothered you here's some advice you can bank on (drum roll) don't read his posts, You see its real simple you don't have to hate anyone that isn't just the same as you despite what George Bush says. Just a thought. For the record he never offended me.
0 Kudos
dookie
Regular Contributor
Know what...? I think I'm going to ban MYSELF from this forum policed and contributed to by those whose outlook is so narrow that it no doubt allows them to see through a keyhole with both eyes at once! Your prissy, self righteous, sanctimonious, holier than thou, convent morality belongs back in the dark ages. I refuse to mix with you. Oh - and like hell you're going to fly the flags at half mast - I know. Yeah. Pat yourself on the back!
0 Kudos