Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Chartist's 50K day

kwagga
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
95 REPLIES 95
john_1
Super Contributor
ya its impossible to make money from the market trading..NOT!!!
0 Kudos
Ninja
Super Contributor
Does chartist have a natural born talent or does he work very hard. His clips are always useful, don't suppose he mentors in any way?
0 Kudos
louisg
Super Contributor
It's impossible for the AVERAGE derivatives trader to make money...FACT. It's a zero-sum game....BUT one must still deduct all expenses, such as slippage, commission, spreads and taxes. Result is that only the top 5-10% of traders will probably make money (plenty of it)consistently. The average long term ALSI investor has managed a before expenses (taxes) of 18% over the last 20 tears... FACT. Of course if one believes one will become one of the TOP traders, then one is sure to out perform the AVERAGE long term investor....BIG IF though.
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
Zero sum game meaning that he took that 50K off someone else. Sad but true. If only pro's played that game it would've been very difficult to create a constant stream of revenue from it, but seeing that it attracts suckers by the dozens, they can easily sustain themselfs from a constant stream of school fees paid by the novice would-be traders. 90% of the payers feeds the bank balances of the 10% that make it. Not easy to money by a long shot.
0 Kudos
TOPIX
Regular Contributor
I have found many articles who states this figure of 95% Losers as a fact, but I have yet to find the source study or an article who quotes the source of the study where this was established. Some sources more than 30 years old already quote this 95 Losers : 5 Winners ratio. I find it astounding this this ratio is still quoted today as fact DESPITE all the advances we have seen in computer power, software, speed of communications and quality of news. This ratio of 95 Losers : 5 Winners is a myth and not a fact.
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
I dont think anyone on this site said its not possible to make money trading - then they would be lying - i made money with warrants and ssf over short time - but our main point was that over an extended long term period one will probably make more money using a tested and proven long term strategy - like Louis says it will reduce expenses (brokerage, tax, etc) and give you more time to do other things. BTW: what capital did Chartist use to make R50k profit?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
You have to view trading as a business, like owning any other type of business. It is not passive income, so you can't compare it to long term investing. it has risks, and you need to know what you are doing - and you need to have a passion for it. And having followed his blogs when he was still a forum member, I can say that he is pretty passionate about this.
0 Kudos
jannie2
Contributor
kwaga - thanks for showing us the clip. doed he offer some form of training / paid membership? how does one get hold of him and how do you qualify ? is he a day trader only ? does he do swing trading ?
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
From what I know Chartist is no dud. He's very bright and outspoken. He has mentored some German or Swede that stayed with him for a while - tourist. I'm sure he can mentor you too, just keep your back to the wall at all times and only open your ears and eyes.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Search Skype Chartist/Mark
0 Kudos
Not applicable
like i said prior,.. who is "us" kimosaabi!? -lol
0 Kudos
asylum
Super Contributor
heres how you do it buy 2 million rand worth of single stock futures for roughly 200k, it goes up 2.5% for the day and viola 50K banked, easy isnt it!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Or conversely. Mercury has his way and swings 2.5% against you as you stroke your trade through,. doh,.. 50k, don't leave me this wayyy,..
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
thats why i asked what capital he used - anyone know. just imagine on R10m its really easy!
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
he began with 10K so if he is up to 10 million he has done that in less than 5 years...so the capital is irrelevent to the scale of the achievment
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
it would be interesting to know what % profit he made, that is relevant in my opinion.
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
My guess is he is using no more than 500k a trade..check the vid you will be able to see the number of contacts he is using.. I have not watched it.
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
He seems to trade 20 ALSI40 contracts a day. What exposure does that give you ?
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
thats about R350K per trade. buying exposure of about R5 million per trade.
0 Kudos