Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Cheers All

Not applicable
Cheers all - I am outta here - grew up in the PW Botha era so I really value freedom of speech .... getting flashbacks here...if you wanna get hold of me please use my private email [email protected]. Catch you in some of the other forums - will keep the 10k to 100K blog updated - http://blogspace.mweb.co.za/default.aspx?alias=Chartist
0 Kudos
18 REPLIES 18
CE
Super Contributor
Which other forums Chartist ?
0 Kudos
CE
Super Contributor
Forgot to add, must say, actually a sad day.....
0 Kudos
asylum
Super Contributor
What happened to freedom of speech.If someone does not like what is being said in this subscibers only forum then i suggest in the future don't read the post.But please stop this censorship.Maybe you should apply FPB (Film & Publication Board)restrictions so that your mature audience can enjoy this forum without outside interference. Just Asking! Good Luck Chartist
0 Kudos
TraderSteve
Frequent Contributor
What a loss to the forum. Chartist your insights where super and very helpful when wanting to confirm a position. All the best and will keep in touch.
0 Kudos
YNWA
Super Contributor
Had simular reservations about 2/3 months ago....pleasure knowing you & chart like you never charted before @ your new home. Adios.
0 Kudos
Brazen
Super Contributor
Ag no man, Chartist. By going you're just making it easy for Big Brother.
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Hey! Come back here , Stop being a Girl! You behaving like a drama queen. I am just taking this last oppertunity to give you abuse one last time. I will be very sorry if you do go.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Don't really understand why this should happen. Me own experience as a hack is that public figures are fair game; and second, criticism is allowed as it is 'fair comment'. Basically, Roffey is in the public eye as an expert technical analyst. His theories are being challenged by other analysts - our own Chartist. A forum is a open public platform, not 'media' in the traditional sense, maybe, but then, it is a form of new media. So the same rules apply. The principals that allow hacks to mouth off against Manto, for instance, or allow journalists to call Fidentia's Mr Brown a liar, in print, should apply here. Roffey lives by the media, so he takes on the risk of dying by the media. I figger Roffey's lawsuit threats will go nowhere. SFM should back its clients - and maybe hire better lawyers.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
456... Mr.C..... have your tantrum... stomp your feet, kick and scream... and say whaa!! lifes tough when fantasy and reality dont want to correlate... I thought this was a bigger pond... but go be a bigger fish in a smaller pond somewhere else if you like... hey... the only person in control of your destiny is you... sad being your own enemy... finding any ol' excuse stopping yourself actualising your potential... [some might even say the rofster won this round, of course with all your help!] ... wishing you all the best on lifes continuing journey... be awesome...
0 Kudos
Not applicable
remember who you are... and what you are doing here....
0 Kudos
Clembo
Contributor
No Chartist please stay! You always expanded the edges of my envelope. Don't leave - you have many more supporters than detractors. Somehow Roffey wins if you bail!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Drive change from within...lets have one day forum silence on Monday in protest...that will leave Simon with little to do but rattle round the office with his rooiwyn irritating the powers that be...and we can commence with round 2 on Tuesday.
0 Kudos
CE
Super Contributor
You should make this a new post...anyway, why not
0 Kudos
Beep_Beep
Super Contributor
Doing exactly what some people would like and that is to stop the CONSTRUCTIVE discussions that go on here. I have been trading warrants and shares for many years and have never been exposed to so much info on a site. Forget about the B..S.. and carry on doing what you came to the forum for in the first place. As long as your intentions are good - don't be put off your objectives by detractors.
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
Chartist we sometimes agreed and disageed at times,but we respected each others right to each's own opinion.Might be time to host a webpage such as HELLCOM and then ask for contributions from users to keep it going!It could have a chat forum attached. All the best,as we that traded longer could try to help the newer members of our chat club as we do now.
0 Kudos
BIG_40
Occasional Contributor
Hi Chartist, the only way to "fight" censorship is to do just that fight it. Your comments are valued, please reconsider your decission!!!!!!!!!
0 Kudos
Mol
Frequent Contributor
Reconsider please. Without you this forum will not be the same.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Well, well....this thread would not be complete without my 2c. The geriatrics round know the history between you and I especially during the Zarpian era. That said everything ended respectfully and honourably although I shall forever be known as assboy less a bottle of Glenmorangie....lol! FWIW, everyone these days is involved in derivitive trading....and many of them here should not. Your guidence to this audience and steering them from mandatory painful mistakes we all made during the learning curve is much needed. Whatever you decid, good luck amigo.PS: Y-man, me no see you long time as I've also been "constrained" elsewhere.......email me [email protected]. ADIOS!
0 Kudos